Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since Gizmo is still a pup, I wasn't able to have him try the Thanksgiving Day Dinner food...but, I did buy him the Puppy Plate Canned Food...

He ate it, but did he love it....no...

He ate most of the chicken....then picked at the rest....It looked like chicken stew...kinda watery...but with big chunkc of chicken...I had to shred it...oh and it had peas and other things in it...

now, my other dog...Joey the Toy....he Gobbled it down....and he is a finicky eater....he literally licked the plate...LOL...

Maybe because Giz has never had any "real" food except for occasional tuna...he wasn't in love with it...I even mixed it with some of his Science Diet kibble...

I'll stick to dry for Giz....still searching for that food that will entice his palate again...sigh'

He just picks at his food now... :roll: I want to try the Royal Canin Puppy...but I'm afraid the kibble will be too small...see, the size of the science diet kibble is too small for Giz, he swallows it...he needs a kibble the size of the Iams puppy food..kinda big...because if not he will swallow rather than chew...I don't think Royal Canin makes it like that?

Ok I am babbling....just wish he would eat more...he just threw up some food and the pieces were whole...that means the little booger is not chewing his kibble....Grrr :?

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Lily actually eats the Royal Canin Small Breed. The pieces are smaller than the Chi mix. She won't touch anything that's too big for her mouth. If you give her something new, she will touch each piece with her upper lip (right below her nose, whatever you call that part :lol: ) and if it doesn't feel small enough she won't eat it. So maybe try the RC Small Breed once he's switched to adult food?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i know it's so annoying when they are picky eaters !!
maybe try softening the kibble with water?? maybe he doesn't like chewing on hard kibble :?

kisses nat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts