Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends! I can't even remember the last time I was on here. I hope some of you remember me :)
I was taking Carl and Mia for a walk today, and Mia started limping. She was wearing her sweater (which she is NOT a fan of!) so I took off the sweater, thinking it was restricting her movement.

She continued limping, and raising her left paw.
Here is a video (ignore my unnaturally high-pitched 'come here!' I am panicking ha)

My initial reaction is to rush her to the vet this second...but do you think I should wait it out? Maybe she just stepped on something?

Thoughts??

·
Registered
245 Posts
Its kinda hard to tell from that vid, it looks like she stepped on something she seems to be putting weight on it ok.

·
Registered
483 Posts
if i was you i would wait for a day or two or you could evan ring up the vet and see what they say, thats what i would do.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'd not rush in myself. I'm obviously no vet. But something very similar happened to Mari this summer. She yelped & cried & limped for almost a day (got better with time though) & then she was fine. I think she had gotten stung by a bee... I hope Mia feels better soon!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankfully her poor little paw seems to be better now! She is walking almost normally.
I tend to overreact when one of my little babies gets hurt!

Thanks for your responses :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody did that awhile back. I looked at his paw really closely and didn't see anything. Then looked again and there was a tiny sticker way down in his paw pad. I pulled it out and he was fine afterward.

Look between her toes and way down into her foot pad and feel and look for anything like that.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Awwwwwwww!!!! Bless her little heart! She looked so sad that her lil footsie was hurt. I bet she stepped on a sticker or something. That look, and the lil limp was just pitiful. :( I sure hope your Angel feels all better soon. :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TLI- I know! It was that pathetic look she was giving me that made me feel terrible :p

I checked between her little toes and didn't find anything.
She's walking (and running!) fine now, thank goodness!! I've had her and Carl since they were puppies; they're 3 and 5 now and I still freak out when one of them gets hurt or is acting weird :p
Hopefully I'll be somewhat calmer by the time I have human children ;)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Awwwwww... poor little Mia Bia! She must have stepped on something. Glad she's OK. Carl was just a puppy when I first met you, you were still in high school and now your a teacher. :) And you didn't have Mia yet. WOW how time passes. Good to see you again. We almost lost Ernie 4 - 6 weeks ago. It's been a terribly harrowing experience.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
This is exactly what happened to Shayley a year or so ago! She was outside by herself soaking up the sun and all I hear is a yelp! OMG I ran out there expecting the worse and she is sitting there with her little paw up looking at me so sad :( She wouldn't put any pressure on it at all but then later that night she did some, the next moring she was still limping and then the next day she forgot about it! lol I think Shayley got stung by a bee too! Sorry about your little Mia, that video reminded me of Shayley back then so I wouldn't worry to much (Even though at the time I worried my butt of when it happened to Shayley so easier said than done, I know! lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts