Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peaches is getting spayed next Thursday and I think I want to get her micro chipped too. The vet said it would cost $60.00 US dollars. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
JUst curious how much are you paying to have her spayed the vet wants to charge me nearly $200.00 to have my basset hound mix spayed.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i know its ore expensive to 'fix a female than a male, my vet asks 195 for spay and 40 for the microchip, ive been going to him since we moved here 5 yrs ago and trust him he also has 3 chis lol.
he said its usually 150 for females at his clinic but because chis have a tendency to need extra attention under anesthetic they charge a little more
its reasuring that he gets extra help for our chi frineds lol

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah that sounds good if thats the price for spaying and getting chipped, cause seras got spayed for 600.00 CAD but she got her teath pulled too so i think that was part of the cost.. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
it's 30 where i work plus a registration fee which you send to the chipping company.... i think the whole thing totalled 40 or something close to that.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It cost $86.50 for the spay and she has to stay two nights. The microchip is about $60.00 plus she has to have a few teeth pulled.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
We charge $60 for the microchip as well, but offer dual registration to our hospital, if the owner can't be found, the animal is boarded at our hospital until pickup is possible.

Just want to clarify something, spays on larger dogs are more expensive because they take longer. The anatomy is bigger, suture is larger (and more expensive), and there is a lot more fat to deal with around the uterine horns and uterus. This is also why spaying a dog in heat is more expensive, lots more blood flow = more vessels to tie off and everything is engorged and difficult to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts