Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:I was going to get Bailey chipped when she was spayed but didnt. She has booster shots on Friday and was going to go ahead and do chip now.

I guess Emmie made me decide to have Bailey done, since Emmie was found a stray and seems to be an escape artist!! (the shelter chipped her)

Just wondered how many others have there Chis chipped?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have both mine done,our vet scans them everytime we see her to make sure they work and the police have a scanners as well, so worth doing

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
My 6 dogs are all chipped, and it's engraved on their discs i.e. "Reward - MicroChipped - 0409 999 999"

I wait until mine are under the anaesthetic being spayed to get theirs put in.

Lifetime peace of mind for $45 is what it is.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
This topic has come up a few times, do a google search and read some varying opinions before making your choice.
One of my dogs is done and it has migrated, ( I did not do it the breeder in the USA did) if it was up to me I would not have had her done at all after researching.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have chipped all 4 of my Chi's. 3 were done when being neutered, and the female was done on an office call and she didn't even flinch :)
2 of the pups chips have migrated a bit off to the shoulder blade, but no harm done. I feel good knowing that they have some identity if lost or stolen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts