Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have tags on your babies with their microchip information? I have also seen ones that simply say "I'm microchipped".

I wanted to order a couple (like from etsy) to pair with their tags but if they may be offered some that I can order when they are microchipped I will wait. I did not know if the companies that offer the actual service also offer tags that can be purchased with their actual number engraved or website, etc.

Can you tell me more, please??

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody was microchipped with the Home Again chip. It came with a bright yellow tag that says "I am microchipped". The tag is BIG. Like way bigger than a quarter. So I do not use it on his collar. Getting a cute one from etsy that says I am microchipped is a much better idea. ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My girls all have the AVID chip. It came with an AVID tag with the number on it.

I worked at the clinic it was done at; so I know for a fact whenever AVID is used; the company ships the brochures, syringes, and tag for each one in boxes by the 10's. So you don't have to special order the tag; they're literally sent out by the manufacturer with one already.

Edit to add; it's a tiny dark blue circle less than an inch in diameter made of really lightweight plastic. I think it's ugly.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
when Maisie was chipped we were given a bright green shiny tag that said "I am microchipped with Petlog" - its HUGE. Its just over an inch and a half in length, so way too big to go on a chi's collar or harness, so I got the girls pink heart ones engraved with "microchipped" plus my mobile number - couldnt find cute ones when I last looked!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i would put a tag with i am microchipped i wouldn't put the number on the tag though , sometimes just knowing the number you can get the dog transferred into your name , where a lost dog will be taken to has a scanner anyway so the public have no need for the number as they cant access the info anyway .

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Mine are all microchipped with Home Again. You get a big ugly yellow tag free at the time of getting the dog/cat microchipped. You can go on their website and order cuter stainless steel (I believe they're ss) tags that are smaller, and like I said cuter. :)

I like their tags to simply state that they are microchipped, along with my phone number and my vets phone number. Also, Reward if found. Most smaller tags I find can only fit 3 lines though, so it's a challenge getting it all on there. I'm really liking the small Red Dingo tags, but don't know if it will all fit??

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

I will wait to see what brand we get and if they offer something. The girls do have the nice Red Dingo tags (thanks to suggestions here) and I could get another of those as well, although they are quite heavy. I am likely to get a small, lightweight one from etsy that says I am microchipped if they do not offer something.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
My dogs' tags have their name, and two phone numbers...mine, and my daughter's, with no microchip info. My rationale is if someone finds my dog, I want to make it as easy as possible for the finder to contact me, and it's one heck of a lot easier to pick up a phone than it is to take the dog to a vet or the pound to be scanned for a microchip. I was arguing......er, discussing ;)....this point with a friend, and she said "well, what if the collar's lost? The phone numbers won't do you any good then!" My point exactly! If the collar's lost there won't be a phone number, OR the info that the dog is microchipped.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
"well, what if the collar's lost? The phone numbers won't do you any good then!" My point exactly! If the collar's lost there won't be a phone number, OR the info that the dog is microchipped.
but most people nowadays think Microchip...or I would think they do with all of the advertising there is about it.... so if I found a doggie w/o a collar I would still think 'wonder if he is micochipped'... but then, that might just be the GEEK in me...lol

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
but most people nowadays think Microchip...or I would think they do with all of the advertising there is about it.... so if I found a doggie w/o a collar I would still think 'wonder if he is micochipped'... but then, that might just be the GEEK in me...lol

Yes, exactly...I didn't make my point very well! :)

You don't need information on the tag to tell the finder to scan for a microchip. A savvy finder will do that anyway, but won't need to if the tag gives a phone number to call instead.

The other caution is that if you move, PLEASE make sure to update your microchip information. The info is only as good as it's current. If you've moved since you've registered the microchip info, or changed your phone number, it's important that you keep the contact information updated with the microchip place or they won't be able to locate you in the event your dog is lost.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Our tags just say...2 phone #'s, and chipped/spayed or chipped/neutered for pets, Bryco clearly isn't neutered so his says 'reward' instead of neutered.

·
Registered
644 Posts
my three were given free plastic tags that say "microchipped with *company*, please scan and call * company number*" supplied by the vet/company at the time of their chipping.
these are on their harnesses along with another tag that has my phone number.

i had more metal ones made that just say "microchipped" for on their collars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts