Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Mmmmm, well Chico had his second jabs a month ago now....they wanted to do his microchip the same day, but i wasnt very happy with the nurse that did he jab and he bled quite a lot and was so so scared and i felt he was too small to have the microchip at the time....
I have booked him in for the next worm/flea treatment and chip next week.....His is 15 weeks this week....what ages did you guys have the chip, as the needle was sooooooo big and it just seemed huge in comparison to Chico...?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here in Canada they do the micro chip when they do the spay/neuter. I can't imagine them being awake, that needle would be big. I don't think I would be able to stay in the room, and I'm the "strong" one. Poor lil things!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had Rocky chipped quite early as I needed him to get his pet passport due to planned vaccation.
I found that vaccinations were worse and hurt more than the microchipping. The needle does seem bigger but it is a lot sharper so it will go in a lot quicker. Rocky was whining during his vaccination but didn't make a sound while being microchipped.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help! It did look painfully huge.......
:00
Its good to know how everyone else went about it. Wish they did the little chips here....
Chico is 4 months now so should be cool.....unsure whether to have him spayed or not yet you see......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts