Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They don't sound like hunger noises. They sound like gas on her stomach. Not sure what's causing this as she's still taking the Clavamox. Thinking it might be the Vitamin C or cranberry. I'll stop giving the vit. c & see if that eases her. I did let her out to poop & she went.

This is another reason why I like her sleeping in bed with me, so I know when something's wrong. It's not like her to get up at night & that's what wakes me up.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
It sounds like gas to me. Can you/did you use buffered vit C?? The regular vit c is highly acidic. She may have some diarrhea too. Probiotics, or some yogurt might help.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like gas to me. Can you/did you use buffered vit C?? The regular vit c is highly acidic. She may have some diarrhea too. Probiotics, or some yogurt might help.
I don't think it's buffered. She doesn't have diahrea. Before I took her urine to be rechecked the other day, I had stopped giving her the Vit. C because her stools looked to be getting really soft. The Vet told me to keep giving it. I didn't give her any today & I have been giving probiotics daily. I just picked up some plain yogurt & mixed a few ZP squares to get her to eat it. She seems fine right now. I haven't heard her stomach making noises since this morning so maybe something didn't agree with her. :rolleyes:

I had trouble finding plain vit. c. I saw some with rose hips & other things. I never saw any that was buffered. Where do you get it from? Online?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Maybe the vet WANTS her to have plain vit c for the acidity? How much are you giving her.? Buffered vit c I got at a health food store. I would find out if the vet wants the plain vit c for the urinary infection.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vet never said. She never even told me to use Vit. C, but when I told her I was using it, but wanted to stop because Midgie stools were getting to soft, the vet said keep giving it. She never asked what kind. I stopped giving it & she seems to be much better.
I was giving the plain vit c. 300mg tabs. I gave 1/4 twice a day.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Thanks for the post. I would continue not giving it for now. I once had an ex-racing greyhound that had trouble recoving from anesthetic from a spay. I came to the vet, sat in front of the dog, and spoon fed her buffered vit C in water. 30inutes of doing this she sat up, then stood up. She got to go home that day! Vet asked me what I did, and I told him,;'nothing, just vitamin c'!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts