Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miles is now the 341'st dog in the "thousand raw fed dogs" blog.

Raw fed dog number 341 – Miles Gatsby « tinkerwolf

If you read the bio you'll see we refer to him as our foster failure and also he is now fully named Miles Gatsby. (Gatsby is my fave male dog name, my friend owns a previous foster of mine that had that name who renamed him Horatio and officially gave me permission to reuse it, LOL. It just never suited Julian's clown personality.) For what it's worth, he's making a great impression with Robbie too. I caught this shot of the two of them last night after falling asleep in front of the TV...:D

And just one last shot of him outside under the pear tree.

Now; does anyone have any tips on where to find some affordable, unique MANLY dog collars? We just use them for ID purposes, we have harnesses; but I think he needs a nice dignified collar. Maybe something in chocolate or copper...? Anyway if anyone else falls in love with this little senior, I made a little page on FB to track his progress, kind of like a journal. I may not update it frequently as I am a busy girl but I figured he deserved a tribute!

https://www.facebook.com/MilesGatsby

Yeah, he knows where home is now... =)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
OMG woman! .........is all I can say!

....ah who am I kidding, I saw it coming!!! hahaha! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Congrats on that! Pretty cool! Love the pics. I especially love the one under the pear tree. I think outside pictures are my favorite!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
He is super cute! As for collars..I like the rolled leather dog collars from Dog Collar Boutique. They come in lots of colors.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
And we're supposed to be surprised at this announcement????
There was NEVER a doubt in my mind - that sitting together on the bench shot ... soul mates :)

You go girl, on the raw food site. Gawd I should get my lot into that raw pics thingie, seeing I'm the one that put it up here lol. Still haven't sorted this camera out though and my big Amana fridge has decided to die (how funny that I bought a freezer the week b4 for my dog food & everyone said I was mad, yup, tell that to me now clowns!) Woe is me, everything is breaking it would seem.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And we're supposed to be surprised at this announcement????
There was NEVER a doubt in my mind - that sitting together on the bench shot ... soul mates :)

You go girl, on the raw food site. Gawd I should get my lot into that raw pics thingie, seeing I'm the one that put it up here lol. Still haven't sorted this camera out though and my big Amana fridge has decided to die (how funny that I bought a freezer the week b4 for my dog food & everyone said I was mad, yup, tell that to me now clowns!) Woe is me, everything is breaking it would seem.
Haha!! Yeah we did have quite the bonding experience that day. I want to submit more shots of my kids too (looks like you can upload a whole 'family' and submit your crew that way!); but the problem is we feed them indoors and due to our terrible lighting, I get awful red or yellow eye; and an even worse halo around the eyes. I can't do much about it with the camera I have and don't know how to get around it as the red eye flash doesn't work either. Ah well. Hate broken fridges; ours did that (at 2 week intervals) for a while til we just replaced it a few days ago.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The best way to avoid red eye is to put the flash unit in a 'bounce' mode, rather than direct. Unfortunately, most digital cameras are used with the built-in flash, which sends the light directly at the dog's eyes. It costs considerable extra money to buy an external flash unit, but you will find it is much more powerful. Bounce flash mode works very well and gives a softer lighting effect, avoiding harsh shadows. You can check a good supplier like bhphotovideo.com to see if there is an external flash for your specific camera.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tip! I was given a Nikon earlier this week and so far I have managed to fend off the red eye by messing with different adjustments. I do love photography though and will likely invest in an external flash eventually. I appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you're looking for fabric collars with designs. CollarMania is nice, they have different clasps and embroidery.

Congratulations on your foster failure! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts