Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We think we've found a nice girl friend for Pixie, we're going to collect her Friday evening. :hello1:

Shes 9 weeks old, and her parents are both 4lb so im presuming she'll follow the same size, Pixie is 8 months and 3 1/2 lb so hopefully a perfect combo when their older.

Shes described as white and lemon - is this just another word for 'fawn'? Its hard to tell from photos alone if its any different.

I hope they get along well - ive asked all about her parents sociability, health background etc.
I was intending to allow her to sleep with Pixie from the first night to help them bond rather than the puppy bonding to me more, is this advisable?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I wouldn't let them sleep together till you know how they get on and let the puppy settle in first ,bit risky.Maybe put their crates(if you have them ) together so they can see each other

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Oh, creative and clever breeders with their names! What in the world is a lemon Chi? haha!

She sounds lovely (pics, please???). How exciting for you! I agree. I'd let them sniff each other up, play, paw at each other and see how they do together at their own pace.

My girls adore each other but as they have gotten a bit older, they each like their own sleeping space. they will nap by each other and sometimes on each other, but I have separate beds for them now both in the living room area and ion the room where they hang out when we are at work.

Two is so great!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi, heres the pics that came with the advert.
I tried Google'ing 'lemon coloured' dogs, apparently its something to do with the colour of the noses - and she does appear to have a white nose, although I have never heard of a lemon and white dog before!

Let me know what you guys think, does her muzzle look long/big or normal?
Does she look fawn or more apricot etc?
Also I was concerned on one of the photos (which I couldnt upload for some reason) her head/eyes looked a bit scew-whiff?)

Wow last night with 'one' Chi, tomorrow there shall be two! :hello1: FINGERS Crossed Pixie is happy about it!!!

Struggling with names this time around though, thinking either;
Elfin, Elfie, Luna or Cookie. Really wanted to give her a funny name but everything we thought of was more boyish!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
She is sweet! She looks perhaps cream with fawn. She looks as if she will be more deer headed as she has more of a sloped stop (at least from the pics!).

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Yeah, she's a cute cream color. Look likes she'll end up the same color as my Gonzo. And her nose is on the longer side and doesn't have the correct stop, but she's beautiful and will make a good pet.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yeah, she's a cute cream color. Look likes she'll end up the same color as my Gonzo. And her nose is on the longer side and doesn't have the correct stop, but she's beautiful and will make a good pet.
I would have to say that although all of us on this site have gorgeous chi's, the majority are not show quality. I would love to know who on this site shows their chi though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts