Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the worst luck in the world with Maia. Her stool started to get better and now, yet again, it's back to the runs..... I called my vet and he wants to put her on the same antibiotic again, but the last one that she just got off of is still in her system ( there's these little white pieces in her poop that started showing up a day or so after she started taking them, and now are getting less and less since she's been off the meds) I really don't want to put her on anymore antibiotics!!! I just gave her some pumpkin and she absolutely loved it!!! She started to growl at me when the spoon was empty, lol...... She would probably eat the whole can if I let her...... Silly puppy. I'm still giving her boiled chicken and rice with a few pieces of her new kibble ( Blue Buffalo Basics) I hope by tomorrow her stool is better.......

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Have you considered going holistic? I went holistic as my vet kept wanting to put Huly on anibiotics constantly and it was wearing his body down. My vet is holistic and traditional.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
She started to growl at me when the spoon was empty, lol...... She would probably eat the whole can if I let her...... Silly puppy. I'm still giving her boiled chicken and rice with a few pieces of her new kibble ( Blue Buffalo Basics) I hope by tomorrow her stool is better.......
Woah woah woah sounds like there is too much in that pot hun.

If your feeding kibble and pumpkin only kibble and pumpkin

If boiled chicken and rice ONLY those too things. If she has such a sensitive tummy you need to cut down on her variety.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Why does her having loose stools mean she needs to be on antibiotics? White pieces in her poop?? Has she been wormed?
Leo had loose stools a lot as a puppy. Adding water to his kibble helped quite a bit, although he has had his best poos since switching to a premade raw diet. I think his system is just too sensitive to digest kibble. Maybe consider a diet other than kibble if you keep having trouble.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The white pieces in her poop are small pieces of the antibiotic that weren't digested. She has been tested for worms and that test came back negative. I'm starting to think that the pre made raw diet just might be the way to go with both of my chi's.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I always tell people if you don't like your vet/doctor then change to one you are comfortable with. It soulds like yours is just doing antibiotics and hoping for the best. I think a lot of stress can be saved by using a vet you LOVE, even if you have to go through a few of them before you find one you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts