Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got worried I went back to work and when I got home at 3PM she was making these really weird sound and was sneezing to much I got worried and said scr*w everything I am taking her to the vet. So I called and the vet said bring her in. I got there and she continued making those weird noises. Then they put her in a room came in and checked her out she did have fever but then they laughed I was like wth is going on with my baby? My vet said oh dear all that's wrong with her is she has Kennel cough ( Only cause she was in a shelter). They gave my girl a shot of antibiotics and sent her home with Doxycycline and Cough tabs. They are so nice to Millie and I. All the vet charged me for was her shot and med's $40.00. So Then on our way home she perked up and was wagging her tail and giving kisses I am so glad now we just have to see if the pills work for her. My only concern is How will I make her swallow these pills? Thanks everyone Hug and Licks From Millie.:)

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
i'm glad you found out what was behind her sneezing. i hope she feels better soon :)

i always use cream cheese whenever my guys need to take a pill :wink:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Kennel cough is very, very contagious, but luckily not serious for otherwise healthy dogs. My vet described it as more of a pain for the owner than the dog, since they sound awful, but aren't really that sick! I'm glad you got the meds. Dolly just ran her course (she picked it up at Petsmart), and was fine in a week. I looked into the vaccination, but it's sketchy on how well it works, and she isn't around a lot of other dogs, so we didn't get one. My other two caught it from her, but as I said...they were fine in a week. It was sort of pathetic...lots of sneezing and coughing for a week!

I'm glad she is so much better!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I will usually wrap Milo's pills in cheese or push them into the center of one of his soft treats. Does the trick every time!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i grind pills then mix it with cream cheese or peanut butter lol. i tried hiding the pill in something (like the pill pockets) but my guys are smart enough to remove the tasty object and spti out the pill so grinding it to dust first then putting it with something a lil squishy it the only way to get any pill into mine lol.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Thanks for that suggestion. Pills are about Boop's preferred morsel size. Reading this thread, I wondered how I could hide one in a piece of cheese. I'll have to tuck that trick away in memory for when it's needed. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts