Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you guys recommended I got Millie a harness for walks and so I bought this one yesterday and ordered a wagy tail one online.
The one I bought yday was the smallest size they did and just wanted to show you guys :) it isn't a great fit however I don't think it will take long for her to grow into it.
Millie likes it better than her collar so that's a bonus!

When she gets bigger I am going to take her measurements and get her a buddy belt one as I think they're gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I love the colors on Millie's new harness. She is sooo sweet. I love her little face. She looks like she's a momma's girl.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi Jessica, I think you've got the harness on upside down, the silver D ring should be around the waist part. As you've got it on at the moment the lead would still be pulling on her neck. Apologises if I'm wrong but I think if you turn it round it will fit better. x

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you and Lisa I think you might be right haha thanks for telling me I will try it the other way round think it will be a better fit like that :)

Also thanks guys it is just a temporary harness for whilst she's a tiny pup but it is a cute one x

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thank you and Lisa I think you might be right haha thanks for telling me I will try it the other way round think it will be a better fit like that :)

Also thanks guys it is just a temporary harness for whilst she's a tiny pup but it is a cute one x
That's ok, I didn't want you to think I was being a smart arse, just wanted your baby to be safe and secure. x

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did say to my hubby when I put it on her that it seemed wrong as I clipped her lead onto it and it was pulling on her neck like a collar would and I didn't see the benefit but hubby seemed to think he was right haha! I was very smug telling him he was wrong, I've just tried it the other way and it's much better thanks guys! Xxxx

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Great to see her using a harness. Much safer for sure- and it's good to wait to get the expensive stuff until they are full grown. Start with the average stuff, that way you can enjoy the nice stuff for a long time and they won't outgrow it.

I use harnesses on my dogs. Safety first, and with aggression trouble like my dogs have, an escape is dangerous and could end with a dead dog- so the added security of a harness for that is also a benefit. I also use a lead capable of holding 550 kgs on my 20 pound dog. Doug the chi uses plain leather.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Moonfall has some great eyes! I would've never noticed that. I agree about harnesses being the safest way. It really freaks me out when I see people with a tiny dog, walking them by their little delicate necks. Literally gives me chills!

How's miss Lily handling the harness? Have you gotten a chance to walk her since getting it? I know you said it's cold there. I wanna take my dogs on a walk to badly, but it is still too cold here.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Great to see her using a harness. Much safer for sure- and it's good to wait to get the expensive stuff until they are full grown. Start with the average stuff, that way you can enjoy the nice stuff for a long time and they won't outgrow it.

I use harnesses on my dogs. Safety first, and with aggression trouble like my dogs have, an escape is dangerous and could end with a dead dog- so the added security of a harness for that is also a benefit. I also use a lead capable of holding 550 kgs on my 20 pound dog. Doug the chi uses plain leather.

What brand of leads do you use? Because the ones I use sound similar and can hold a lot too. But the ones I use are quite fancy. They're beaded. Really cool and sturdy though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
This is Corona's little harness I picked up at out local feed store. It took me a while to figure out how to put it on correctly, but now it's a piece of cake and I love it! And she walks so nicely in it!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The one I use on Alli (the heeler cross), is a ruffwear lead, called the Knot-A-Leash. It has a carabiner on it that can hold a ridiculous amount of weight. The leather one is a plain black latigo I got at a dog show. I also have a plain brown one from petco that is leather. Those are my "go-to" leads. I love leather.

Both dogs usually wear harnesses by EZYdog. We love them. Ours are the quickfit model.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Love Millie's new harness!! I agree with waiting a bit until she's closer to her adult size for the more expensive harnesses. At least that's what I would need to do! lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts