Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we need to go out of town,Milo stays with our neighbor. When we return and the neighbor brings him back and I try to love him he would give me a small growl and have nothing to do with me. This last time when the neighbor brought him home he stayed right at her feet and when I went to pick him up he gave a mean growl like he was going to bite me. That was yesterday and he is still giving little growls when I try to love him. Does anybody have any suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
How often do you go out of town? Chi's are usually 1 person dogs. If he by chance is spending a lot of time w/ the nieghbor he may be getting used to her. I don't know, that's the only thing I could think of :?:
maybe start greating him w/ treats ..hopefully someone else can give better advice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
growling

He doesn't go to the neighbors very often. They have kids we do not.
I'll just see how it goes.
It usually takes a day or two and he is back to our dog.
Thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Im sorry to hear about Milo growling and being estranged to you when you go away, but i had similar to this with my first chi Toby,he had to stay with my Parents when i went to live in Hong Kong for 10 1/2 months along time ago.I had kids at the time and my mum said when they took him for a walk if he saw anyone with a pushchair in the distance he would stop ears pricked up, looking on longingly.When we came home he wouldnt come to us and really sulked, back home i just treated him the same as did before and eventually he came round and back to normal.Sorry havent any suggestions that might help :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts