Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I stay away from Advantage & Frontline because I've heard too many sad reports. Since my chi is allergic to fleas, my Dermatologist had me put her on Confortis, but I'm looking into a more natural remedy.

I, too, strongly recommend you take your baby to the vet & make sure it's an illness that will pass soon! Keep us updated!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Hey Christabelle, I have definitely heard of dogs having reactions/getting sick from Advantage. You guys are going to think I'm a weirdo but for next time I would try diatomaceous earth if you want to try something more natural for fleas. I'm in Canada and go through Rawpaw in Quebec, they ship to America but you might want to look for a closer supplier. But anyway here is the info, so scroll down and you'll see the d. earth. Products Page | RawPaw
Thanks for the info!! I just ordered some of that salmon oil!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
So a vet tech from my vet's office called me back. She says that they
have had dogs throwing up after being treated before. She suggested
bathing Mimi in a soapy bath AND then suggested I come in and try a
heartworm med that was given orally.....

Just like that, like it was no big deal and hey come on in and dose her up
some more. Am I crazy to be outraged by this ????

On an upside, she seems to be feeling a little better, she's up walking around
and following me from room to room again. She's drinking water still but no
more food since the chicken. I'm going to try and give her some broth in a
bit.
I'm sorry you're dealing with nin-compoops!! This is why myself & many others are trying to take matters into our own hands as we seem to know more than most of them!! I totally can understand your outrage!! So glad she's feeling better, but definitely try to wash that poison off. I don't give my dog heart worm pills as I don't feel a big need, but I know I'm taking a chance. Keep us updated on her progress!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.