Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you so much for this forum! It is so informative and fun to see other's adventures in the world of Chihuahuas!

My puppy (as with most) bonded with me and after a few months of trainng she has become a very good and obedient pet ...for me. She will do anything I tell her to do. She knows my commands and obeys them immediately. My husband, however, has a little more trouble. For instance, every evening he tucks me into bed and puts Savannah in her cage. But she just WILL NOT do what he says. It's hilarious to see him chasing her around the house yelling "kennel up! Kennel up!" and she just ignores him. Then he will finally give up and ask me to do it. I go over to the cage, snap my fingers, and she goes in. And when we are in the living room I can say "come on now!" and she immediately comes and gets in my lap. My husband tries and will say the exact same thing but she won't go over there to him. Why won't she mind anyone but me, and more importantly, how can I get her to realize that he is her master also and she is expected to mind him as well as she does me?

steph

·
Registered
530 Posts
Has she been to an obedience class? It might be a good idea to have him take her to an obedience class without you. Just an idea but I know if you spend time training them they are more likely to obey you. It might be worth a shot. Good Luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts