Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may know hubby gave the okay to get another chi. Well due to circumstances, we have a Miniature Pinscher puppy for adoption/sale at my work. I am quickly becoming WAY too attached to the little stink. She's adorable, has a way cute personality, already pulls a "Brody" (has a small tennis ball in her mouth), and Zoey thinks she's pretty cool as well.....so my question is, does anybody have any experience with them? What are their personalities like? We also see the ones that have the tiny tiny heads and big fat bodies so they aren't the cutest. But this one is a doll. Most of the ones we see are the 'stereotypical' snappy little dogs, but so far Prancer/Mia/Roxy (not an official name yet) seems pretty happy go lucky and wants to say hello to everyone who walks in the door, although she does like to play keep away. Min Pins are not a breed I've ever considered owning before...but neither were Chi's. One bad thing though is she came from a petstore which means she's a puppy mill baby. :-( She is only about 10 weeks old, and weighs about 3#

Here are a couple of pictures of her so you can see my dilemma :) She does have eye boogies...she has a respiratory infection right now.

Zoey was kind enough to let her borrow her new shirt.

Here she is using Alvin (one of our office cats) as a couch.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh gosh, I don't know anything about min pins, but she is too cute! I usually don't like min pins either but man is she a babydoll :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We fostered a min-pin named Freddie for a few months while his dad was in surgery recovery and he was seriously the absolute sweetest little guy, got along great with our dogs, family, kids etc.

Very personable in my opinion and you have my vote :] I just love any excuse to get a new baby to spoil!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We fostered a min-pin named Freddie for a few months while his dad was in surgery recovery and he was seriously the absolute sweetest little guy, got along great with our dogs, family, kids etc.

Very personable in my opinion and you have my vote :] I just love any excuse to get a new baby to spoil!
LOL! I hear you on that one...I definitely have puppy fever.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh gosh, I don't know anything about min pins, but she is too cute! I usually don't like min pins either but man is she a babydoll :)
She is a babydoll and has the CUTEST personality, she 'prances' when she walks which is why my cousin started calling her "Prancer" but I think she's more a Roxy or a Mia or something petite and dainty like that. She follows you around, and is content to sit in your lap. Very playful loves toys of any kind, and I swear she was getting high on catnip, she kept rubbing her face on the cat toys today. She already climbs stairs :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My chis love catnip, but they are weird!

My only advice would be -- think about if this is the last dog you can get for 10 years, is she the one you want? :) Or would you rather have your chi...

That face, though!!...

·
Registered
602 Posts
nawww how can you say no to that face? She looks lovely!

Id say just research the breed?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Theres a breeder down the road from me who has minpins, and to be totally honest hers are very similar personality-wise to Chis! Lovely little dogs!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She is a doll!! And quite CUTE. You're right, I see a lot of min pins with the little head and the big barrel chested body. She looks very balanced with good proportions. I think she will turn out really cute.

If she has a cute personality to go along with her adorable looks, and you like her, then I'd adopt her! I think she's darling.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awwww i think she is beautiful!
I agree, if she has the personality to match her looks, i would go get her! lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Min pins are very sweet... we had little Sonic a few weeks back who we rescued/rehomed and he was adorable. Check out my past posts for pictures. He was a chi-pin and VERY energetic! He was a hard one to let go.
They seem to mingle well with chihuahuas.. thats all I'm saying.. do as you wish.. 0=)
********subliminal messsage: take her hooome********** ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have plenty of min pin experience!!!!! I have a min pin mix now and have dealt/lived with some in the past. They are also a dog that I love, so I know a fair bit about them.

Personality wise, they are similar to chis, except they are more outgoing. They are more in your face about what they want.

They can also be dog/human aggressive when it comes to introductions so do lots and lots of socializing! My min pin mix was great as a puppy then tried to eat everyone I handed him to from about 5 months till 9 months! He got over it, but it was a stressful time!

Also, kinda like chis, min pins can be VERY hard to house break! They are up there with italian greyhounds and such. I wouldn't trade my min pin mix for anything, he is by best friend and truly loves only me. I love that about him!!!! she is cute, I would have brought her home already... lol

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I know you already have her but I figured I'd answer anyways.

My Mom has a Mi- Pin (red). I find her personality to be very similar to a chi. The only thing about her is that if she gets free, she will run like the wind. She's also more "barky" than chis. She's full grown and weighs 7 #.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts