Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Minky is having a reaction to the chicken she ate. She's developed hives.

She has an appt. with the vet in about 15 minutes, so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

3,132 Posts
Ohhh the poor baby!!!!! Those look horribly itchy! :(

Please let us know what's going on asap! ((HUGS))

·
Registered
621 Posts
has anyone heard how minky is doing??? the poor baby i hope the vet took care of it..and hopefully shes at home resting tell its gone:( the poor baby...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. The vet did confirm that she's developed an allergy towards chicken, so not more poultry for her! They gave her two shots...a steroid shot to prevent any swelling and an anti-itch shot. The vet also recommended that I keep some liquid baby's benadryl on hand for the future just in case. Minky is definitely not scratching herself like crazy anymore, and she's enjoying her bullystick at the moment. Thanks everyone for caring about my little Minky!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, she is chewing away, and she does seem to be feeling much better. Now her skin just has to heal as she has scratched herself raw...poor little baby.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
That poor little sweetheart. Allergic reactions can be so scary.. Chloe had one to her Advantage flea topical and it was so awful to watch her go through it. I hope she feels better soon!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Poor Minky! Bella, Lina, and I send hugs to Minky for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
249 Posts
oh my poor Minky ! that dose not look comfortable/nice :(

Glad to hear she is feeling better thou :) and sending my wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery :) hugs* Minky xox

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Oh, poor Minky. Lovee had a reaction to her vaccinations and the vet said to give her some baby Benadryl. Now I keep it on hand just in case something else happens. I put the right dosage, recommended by the vet, in marker right on the container. That way when I am panicking because she's swelling and itchy, I don't have to search for directions. Glad to hear Minky is feeling better, wishing her a speedy full recovery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts