Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New here, but once I found the site, I had to post pictures of our chihuahuas...

This is Minnie when she was (I think) 3 months old...

And this is her now..

She's actually bigger than she looks in this picture. She is a firecracker, and I will get some video shot sometime soon so you guys can see her. I love her look, she has a dark brown spot on each side, one on her tail, and light brown around her eye and on her ears. I looked hard to find some chihuahuas with the pink nose like her, almost completely albino, but couldn't find any pics (have to look on here a bit more)

When my girlfriend told me she was going to look at some dogs, I said 'Do NOT come home with one' (we also have another dog and a cat). Of course she did, and I loved her from the second I held her....

And the new addition 2 days ago, this is Pearl:

Over and over, I said 'no more animals', but she wins again. :p

She was apparently abused, so "we" adopted her, and she has been pretty timid the last couple days, but she seems like she is starting to come out of her shell :) She has only a nub of a tail, apparently they had thought that something was done to her, but after the doctor looked at her, they said she was born that way. She has much more of a light brown all over, and a black nose.

More to come later...

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Your girls are beautiful! You are wonderful people for rescuing Pearl :thumbleft:
I hope you enjoy the forum.
Thanks for sharing the pics. We'd love to see more :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome! Your girls are beautiful. Minnie reminds me a lot of the little girl (Lilly) my daughter is getting tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I'm Minnie and Pearl's mommie. A quick update on Pearl's progress, she has finally decided to come out from under the bed on her own and I am happy to say, seems to favor me most! When we got Minnie she immediately got attached to "daddy" and is always cuddeling up to him at night! Now, I have Pearl and she sleeps with me on my side of the bed. We adopted her from Animal Care and Control and she had been messed up pretty bad. The day I brought her home she had just gone through her final surgery the day before. She's 1 1/2 years old and is very loving. It will take a while but she is coming around more and more each day to the idea that we don't hit here. She also seems to be scared to death of fire, and I don't ever what to know what that's about. But she is in a loving home now and will live the rest of life being spoiled as much as possible. We both just love her and she is a great companion for Minnie. By the way, she is the first dog that has come into our home that she hasn't tried to intimadate!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts