Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyway, I just got Sissy a 3 year old chihuahua MIX... I used to have a dog named Bandit. He was a miniature pinscher. He passed away 9/12/2009. He was there for me through out high school and my college days..

I now have Sissy. I love her to DEATH but I really miss bandit more these days... I don't know why. I look forward to the adventures Sissy and I will have together but I really miss Bandit now. Can anybody help?

I feel like i'm replacing him. It has been 1year and 2 mths since his death and i've been BEGGING for a new dog since April of this year. But now i have one (which i luv to death) i just feel like i'm replacing bandit.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think this is a normal part of moving on and mourning Bandit. Give yourself time and patience to remember Bandit and also the space to open up your heart to your new dog Sissy. Having a new dog in the house where Bandit was is bound to stir up memories of him and you haven't developed the bond with Sissy that you had with Bandit. Just give it time. Bandit would be happy to know that you have another dog to love and he knows that nothing could ever replace him in your heart. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
my girl Tess has been gone since 14-07-09 I got Honey 2 weeks later, as an adult, I understand what you are going through, it is still very raw for me. I dont see that I have replaced Tess with Honey at all, I love her completely and I wouldnt be with out her :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts