Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we went to the pug birthday party. There were lots of friends there for her to make. Unfortunately all the dogs were decently bigger than Miya. There was Pug who was about 30lbs, 2 shi tzus, and even two chihuahua's that were about 10lbs each. THere were also some other dogs that idk what they were. Miya did ok....

She was a little apprehensive about it all. She liked the other two chihuahuas, they were relaxed and just kind hung out. I kept a close eye on her tho because people were walking everywhere and I did not feel like going to jail for murder in case some one stepped on her :cool:

She wasn't much into playing with the other dogs. She explored the puppy obstacle course and sniffed a few butts, but no playing. I am sorta happy about that bcuz they were bigger than her. Too bad all of us chi-people can't live in our own little community. I wish I could find more toy breeds around here.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It's too bad there weren't any dogs there her size but it sounds like you did a great job keeping it a positive experience for her.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Sounds like it was good for both of you!

Ruby is going to start "school" and I look forward to her socializing with dogs other than her sisters but I do wish that it would be a class full of Chis, Yorkies and other little dogs so I really understand!

Guess it is really better for them to experience all kinds of dogs since that is what will naturally happen anyway, huh?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I guess so but it makes me nervous when they meet a bigger dog anyway. I have to really be careful so they don't pick up on my nervousness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts