Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of them are puppy mills, puppy brokers. Is this something you really want to promote? Chihuahuas, Happy Paws Kennel, Puppy Petite, Find Your Perfect Pet. Check them out.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I think they have to have advertising to keep down the cost of the site.
No adds = more cost.

Although I agree that most of them (if not all) are puppy mills, the only option would be charging a membership fee to belong to this forum.

How many of us would be willing to pay to belong to this forum?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
membership fee

me :wave:

reasonable price ofcourse :wink:
this would also keep the membercount down....or certainly ban the lesbiennes and stuff :lol:

kisses nat

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that the advertising is paying for the site to run, but by having these ads, it looks like you are condoning and promoting these types of places, and you may unknowingly be sending people to those places to buy sick puppies from them. I know that is not something that you wish to do.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I have had this convo before with admin about that there are ads for teacups etc and we removed most we could but as these ads are not generated by us and just generated by a search engine I do not think we have much control over this - plus it pays to keep this site running etc - people who join and actually READ our posts will see we do not condone any of the above mentioned , but thanks for bringing it to our attention Im sure admin will look into it :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
sponsering

i thought already that it was something you can't control because my advertisemants are from breeders and so in belgium and i don't think you have them, have you :wink: i never have advertisements about teacups because they don't say that here.

kisses nat

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yes i believe everyone see different ads, im in the uk and actualy dont really get a single breeder site showing up, as in the uk their are few breeders, and probably only about one or two who have a website.
In order to ban any adverts i would need the links, so if ne one can give me them i will see what i can do
mia
x

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Well, I think that we all know that Puppy Petite is a breeder that I personally think might breed a little to much ( if u get wut I'm sayin') and Happy Paws Kennel, it sounded like a nice place at first but then when I went on the website I was amazed at how many different dogs that they have and how many upcomming litters! So, I think that so far the only links that I have clicked on that were pretty strange were those ones. :)

www.puppypetite.com

www.happypawskennel.com

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I just found another one! I was amazed I didn't look around that site that much but when I was looking at the chi's I saw the prices and almost all of them were over $1000! Even the malti-poos which are mixed breeds! They were over $1000 too! When I got Casper (he's a malti-poo) he was only $350! After I saw this one I was officially disgusted! :x :evil: :x :evil:

www.thepuppycorner.com

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: Ok, I didn't wanna say anything but you guys also wanna put into perspective that if somebody actually buys out of any of the adverts from all the bad breeders that show on the top bar..well, those people HAVE NOT DONE THEIR RESEARCH..nowhere in the site have I read.."you must buy from the adverts" ..so, if those keep the site free or requiring a minimum of donations it's fine with me..a responsible person that wants to buy a healthy puppy from a responsible breeder will know better than to spend $1500 on a puppy mill... BETTER YET will identify a puppy mill when she/he sees one!...just my opinion :wink:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D That wouldn't be a very smart assumption if you think about it..it would mean they haven't read a thing on the forum...I think people should make smart decisions and if they are not informed is not the forums fault..is their lack of research and responsibility..is like blaming TV for your kids being brats.. :wink:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Vala - I for one totally agree with you and I tried to explain this earlier but you have managed to put it far more articuality than me :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Mia said:
Yes i believe everyone see different ads, im in the uk and actualy dont really get a single breeder site showing up, as in the uk their are few breeders, and probably only about one or two who have a website.
In order to ban any adverts i would need the links, so if ne one can give me them i will see what i can do
mia
x
no im in Uk too i dont get them either.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
MissMolly said:
I totally agree w/ you Vala but that's just how some people are and I was only posting these sites because Mia said if there are any ones that people would like her to check out she would she what she would do. :D :wink: :D
:D Oh, I wasn't refering to you posting the links and stuff precisely..just to the whole idea of banning ads..Here we get some probably the same as US but I doubt there is much than can be done since the ads are powered by google and then they would have to ban google.. :wink: mmm..maybe we do have different ads.. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts