Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Im a little embarassed :oops: I am 35 and i have oily skin prone to break outs and blackheads and i am getting a few lines on my face. I want to start using a moisturizer but have no clues!! :? outher than soap i have no beauty regimes. any advise?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
can u consult a beauty professional? If you try on your own you make make it worse. My skin is still oily at 42, I say that is what keeps me young - er looking :wink:

I always joke cause I am Italian and tell everyone that its olive oil preserving my skin! :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
some people swear by putting the moisturiser on very thoroughly by using small circular movements until it is all rubbed in and then removing it with make up remover,this is what a beauty thearipist told me to do.
hope this helps

·
Registered
313 Posts
if you get spots its mainly from over active pores or something.. well it means you have to many oils.
So if you want to use moisturiser use a anti blemish one, and make sure its GEL!

Also i would suggest you cleanse ur face every morning with witch hazel.

:D

Hope that helps!!!

P.S
NEVER use soap on ur face unless its made for you face!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love n hugs
:angel1:
Sydney n Minka xXx

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
sydney gave you great advice !!!

be sure to don't use a too rich creme because your skin is already oily.
because your skin is oil you are less prone to wrinkles :wink: you are preserved better......

i would get a good face-peeling and maybe wash your face with the products of pure zone L'oreal (they have a whole programme)
and for an anti-wrinkle creme just look for the ones for an oily skin..it's mentioned on the labels.

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i highly recomend you getting a mary kay beauty consultant (and not jsut cause i'm one lol) the timewise skin care set is phenomenal! if i had a before and after of my skin before i started using it you all would be amazed. i only became a consultant because i actually seen an improvement in my skin and people were making comments on how nice it was. you can find a consultant near you by going on www.marykay.com

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
sullysmum said:
I use Oil of olay (ulay) :)
That is what I use, fragrance free for sensitive skin. I also use the face wash. I'm not sure if that would be good for oily skin though. :?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:D I rather like the thought that my oily skin is preserving me better. hahaha!!! Thanks for the great advise. I never would have dreamed of using witch hazel. i suppose that would deep clean and kinda dry my pores up a bit huh? I'll have to check into a consultation. :p

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
we have here oil of olaz ??? is that the same ?? i use the sensitive day fluid with sun protection.....

kisses nat
Sounds like the same as Oil Of Olay.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
porshas_momma said:
:D I rather like the thought that my oily skin is preserving me better. hahaha!!! Thanks for the great advise. I never would have dreamed of using witch hazel. i suppose that would deep clean and kinda dry my pores up a bit huh? I'll have to check into a consultation. :p
mary kay has this product called oil matifier. and let me tell you it is great! i am very oily especially in the summer i put this on and i'm good for a few hours then i just blot with those oil absorbent pads (mary kay also has them) whenver i feel a shine comin on.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Tinker said:
You lucky people appreciate the oil, I've had dry skin all my life and it just gets worse as I get older.
alas mary kay has a great moisturizer for super dry skin ;)

by the way i don't get commission or anything i just really stand by the products lol!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
Tinker said:
You lucky people appreciate the oil, I've had dry skin all my life and it just gets worse as I get older.

by the way i don't get commission or anything i just really stand by the products lol!

LOL you make a great consultant!! =P Way to sell the products!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
ilovesadie said:
luv4mygirls said:
Tinker said:

LOL you make a great consultant!! =P Way to sell the products!! :lol:
:oops: i really believe in the products. i had real bad skin, i wore so much cover up but now i go with just a little bronzer on the cheek bones and i let everyone see my naked face with no insecure feelings about it.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If you have oily or acne prone skin make sure you use an oil-free, non comedogenic (or the product will instead say"won't clog pores) moisturizer or sunscreen. Also, try to keep hair products from getting on your face and back (may clog pores and cause acne). I worked for a group of Dermatologists for 6 years and that is what they recommended.
I really have had good luck with a line called MD Forte which is sold only through dermatologists, though not by prescription. You don't need to have an appt, just walk in the office and ask if they sell it (or just ask for a pamphlet first so you can read up on it). A little pricy, but comparable to department store prices; and lasts a long time. I also like Oil of Olay moisturizer alot. I am 45 and have oily/acne prone skin, but I've gotta say my skin isn't looking too bad.
Good luck. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts