Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my trip to see my family in Kentucky everybody saw MoJie said he's fat.....I guess he's kind of fat but so cute to me...hehehe....I'm guilty cause he get a little more than half a cup of ZiwiPeak a day plus TucTuc left over and treats ....I just weight him and he's 7.2 lbs....I will cut his portion down less starting today and also no treat....I feel so bad cause Ziwi portion is so little already...can you tell he's fat in the picture?...the fat I can see especially in his neck....

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awwww Moni he's soooooooo cute!! But yeah, he's too wide. ;) He will be healthier when he is leaner. You should be able to easily feel his ribs and he shouldn't be roly poly pudgy. He should be lean and muscular. If you cut his food back, he will lose the weight pretty quickly I'd guess! He sure is a cutie.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awwwwwwhhhh he is sorrrrr cute pudgy but I agree! 2 lbs off that boy stat!

Good for you for being wary of his weight lol...pretty soon every chi on this boad will be on a diet...Trigger of mine is on cut back food too...he eats too many bullies :-D

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awwww Moni he's soooooooo cute!! But yeah, he's too wide. ;) He will be healthier when he is leaner. You should be able to easily feel his ribs and he shouldn't be roly poly pudgy. He should be lean and muscular. If you cut his food back, he will lose the weight pretty quickly I'd guess! He sure is a cutie.

Tracy...yes yes..he's roly poly pudgy all over...LOL....he can eat nonstop if I let him...so most of the time I feel bad and gave him extra....I will be strong this time....I hope my BF can see the different when he come back (going out of country for 3 weeks)....:)..

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwwwwwhhhh he is sorrrrr cute pudgy but I agree! 2 lbs off that boy stat!

Good for you for being wary of his weight lol...pretty soon every chi on this boad will be on a diet...Trigger of mine is on cut back food too...he eats too many bullies :-D
bullies is fat also?...no wonder....he loves to eat bullies too..

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Moni, you know I just LOVE MoJie to pieces! He takes the best pictures!! Love that pink little tongue!! ;)
Yeah, I'd say a few pounds off him will be good. It's so hard with the Ziwi. They really do get sooo little of it. Lily, Lila, and Maxx only get 2 tablespoons per meal. Lola gets 1 tablespoon per meal. Plus I always add water to it. :)
I need to cut Lilys portions back a bit too. I think she needs to drop about 1.5 pounds.
I think it's those darn tasty bullysticks they all love! They really don't get treats that often, but get their bullys for an hour in the morning and and hour at night. Lowfat......Hmmm......Idk. Lol! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Mojie is a doll baby! I adore him and that lil tongue! One of the cutest lil guys here! But I'd say he is kinda pudgy. If it wasn't for his health, I'd say leave him the way he is. :D He is quite adorable with his pudgy wudgies. :p But since it's much healthier, and will add years to his life, I'd say he needs to lose a few pounds. Plus his little legs will feel much better. :) I had to get about 1/2 lb. off of Chance recently. I just cut his food back a tad, and he never even noticed. It came off pretty quickly too. Good luck with your sweet Angel babies diet, Moni. I know you can do it.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Yep, his body type is soo much like Willow's. Yeah, Willow only gets about 1/3 of the scoop of ziwipeak dry. Have you tried the green bean diet. It is working well for willow, I give her a tablespoon of canned kiwi with 1/3 c of unsalted canned green beans and 1/3 of water, mix and warm in micro if needed. She is already getting narrower in the center of her back, now not looking like a jellyroll lol! But she has more to loose.

Lori

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the weight in....:)...went out and got this little tiny scale....:)....

MoJie is FAT 7 lb 6 oz

NaNa 6 lb

TucTuc 4 lb 12 oz

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
awwwww mojie!!! lol you are too cute pudgy wudgy! :wave: goodluck on the diet! i hope he doesn't rebel against it lol

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys...I need all the luck I can get....LOL...need to go to the supermarket to get some green beans......

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
He'll slim down in no time, Moni. Good luck! Let us know how it's going. :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh yeah, he'll slim down. He doesn't have much to loose. For every lb lost on a dog is like us having to loose 35 lbs. The thing that is great with the green beans is they are super filling without the calories. Willow will even get full before she even eats them all, which is a Miracle for her lol!! I really need to get a scale!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, he'll slim down. He doesn't have much to loose. For every lb lost on a dog is like us having to loose 35 lbs. The thing that is great with the green beans is they are super filling without the calories. Willow will even get full before she even eats them all, which is a Miracle for her lol!! I really need to get a scale!

MoJie is the same...he can eat nonstop.....I guess the beans will be a good thing ...:)....

1 - 20 of 88 Posts