Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just tonight i was feeling the top of keona's head where her molera was or still is and i have always thought it was closed but.......

her skull has like a rise in it (hard to explain) , like her scull has over lapped or over grown , it is in a line and goes straight up and down , its about 1 1/2cm long and about 2ml to 3 ml wide , at one side of it it seems to still be open the same length and width of the rise in her scull .

just wanted to see if anyone has an idea if this is normal ?

i will get the vet to have a look next time i am there although the vet has never felt her head to check it before ,i also don't think my vet gets a lot of chihuahuas in as they arn't very common around here so any feed back is very much appreciated .

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
How old ia she?? It sounds normal to me like it's now a seam?? Daisy ha a seam all tr way down her head then a very small hole at the end which is prob 3mm each way she's 1 next week

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking it was the seam just wasn't sure if it should be risen the way it is ,Keona and Daisy are very close in age as well , i think we joined the forum around the same time lol , Keona turns 1yr on the 2nd of December

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
The skull kind of stitches itself together so its normal for you to be able to feel where that happened. Trigger's has been closed since 9 weeks old but he's always had that seam.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes me feel a lot better :) , with her being my first chi i haven't had to deal with my dogs having a molera , the only time i have ever felt one was on a puppy at a dog show i went to but with the puppies they didn't have the seam line so was a bit freaky when i first felt it , i had a few crazy thoughts running through my head i can tell you that lol .

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
just get the vet to have a look, or give that breeder a call that we met at the last dog show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts