Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't been able to take Bella on walks because it is FREEZING here and there is a massive amount of snow outside! I bought Bella a harness so that I could walk her and because I cannot take her out quite yet, I take her to Petsmart or try to get her used to walking on a leash in the apartment..Let me tell you what, she is a STUBBORN little thing!! I have been unsuccessful everytime. I asked her breeder how to help this and she told me to try putting the harness on her and letting her get use to it..so I tried that. Then she said to put the leash on and let her walk around with it on so that she gets less scared of it..I tried that too..Here's the result..

"You can try all you want, but I'm not moving!"

"Still sitting here."

"Maybe if I wrestle this thing, it'll come off!"

"Ughhhh, I give up."

"Mom! This thing is making my eyeballs go all goofy!"

"Hahahaha, you surrendered:) I win!"

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
LOl! love the first pic its it so goes with how shes feelin, just look at that expression! rofl :D awww the leash was a very hard thing for dexter t get used to i kept making him drag it along when he had it on in the house :p i found out, he rather wear puppia and walk ona leash than one of those strap looking ones, i guess they know whats really comfy or not OLOL. maybe u can try the puppia step in ones?...very nice!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Ahhaha! I love little Bella, she's so darn cute! She kinda reminds me of Venus when she was still just a couple months old.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOl! love the first pic its it so goes with how shes feelin, just look at that expression! rofl :D awww the leash was a very hard thing for dexter t get used to i kept making him drag it along when he had it on in the house :p i found out, he rather wear puppia and walk ona leash than one of those strap looking ones, i guess they know whats really comfy or not OLOL. maybe u can try the puppia step in ones?...very nice!
Yea, she was not thrilled with me today..Haha..Stubborn little girl!!! She hates the leash..She moves around fine with the harness, but freezes when that leash is attached to her!! Ha! I'll check out the Puppia ones! They are cute! Where can you find them and are they super expensive??

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Yea, she was not thrilled with me today..Haha..Stubborn little girl!!! She hates the leash..She moves around fine with the harness, but freezes when that leash is attached to her!! Ha! I'll check out the Puppia ones! They are cute! Where can you find them and are they super expensive??
where are u located?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
sizes differ according to which one u get, where u get it from . usually its like this

XS fits Neck 7-8" Chest 11-13" Weight 3-4#

Small fits Neck 8-10" Chest 14-16" Weight 5-7#

so im guessing xs for bella? unless shes big but she looks tiny? lol. i got mine a small before and it was big for hi at bellas age and then finally he grew into it and now he grew out of it...so i had to get him a medium LOL

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ha! kul! i have the same harness! color and everything:) first it fit tonka, then was handed down to bungee, and then the cat started wearing it for the occational brushing:) cat probably hates it just as much:D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
omg what a cute lil doll! :) I see training is going well.....her training YOU to do what she wants you to do LOL! ;-) Be tough! Get that leash on again and don't give up lol :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Bella you are the cutest lil stinker, but don't be giving your mom that "stink eye"!! :D

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If the thing with leaving on the harness & lead fails to work then when the snow clear up you should try taking her out somewhere she hasn't been before and put her down with her harness and lead on then just walk . She should follow you if you just walk and don't turn around and look at her.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LOL, love it!
Darla was the same, she looked like her world was about to end and would sit in her bed and refuse to move.
Now she walks fine.
Am sure Bella will be the same.
She really is a cutie pie! x

1 - 20 of 26 Posts