Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it stuffed in between? Looks sooooo comfy and warm.
No it not stuffed, I just knitted the blanket and attach the flannel on inside with yarn and few attachments in middle to hold together.
I made 6 of them for Christmas gifts. Amberleah was last one. Her is extra large one. Going to start some new ones. Takes about 2 week per blanket.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That is gorgeous!:love4: Great job on making it! It's great to see talented and creative people making things! :D I was going to make my 3 chihuahuas some just like that but our winters in Florida are very mild. I may just go ahead and make some anyway because our nights during winter can get very cold.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is gorgeous!:love4: Great job on making it! It's great to see talented and creative people making things! :D I was going to make my 3 chihuahuas some just like that but our winters in Florida are very mild. I may just go ahead and make some anyway because our nights during winter can get very cold.
It's very cold here in upper Michigan was like 9F last night and they say will be 11F tonight. i enjoy making them keeps me busy.

·
Registered
563 Posts
No it not stuffed, I just knitted the blanket and attach the flannel on inside with yarn and few attachments in middle to hold together.
I made 6 of them for Christmas gifts. Amberleah was last one. Her is extra large one. Going to start some new ones. Takes about 2 week per blanket.
It just looks so fluffy/puffy in the picture. I really like it. How big is it?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It just looks so fluffy/puffy in the picture. I really like it. How big is it?
Amberleah lou lou is 25x27 I made mistake on her and made bigger than I wanted, but now it's done glad I did. All others are 27 x 20. I can make any size.

here's few I made. i made Huly's chi's some blankets but can be made to cuddy sacks. I didn't get any photo's.

Not yet stitched in half.

·
Registered
88 Posts
you live in FL so do I :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
They are so beautiful, I think you have something there that people would buy, better start figuring how much ! :D I have a sister in law that makes quilts and she charges a whold lot of money. She goes by how much it cost for the material and keeps track of the hours it took to make them, and the size..She has made a lot of money.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Wow Theresa both the bed and the blankets are VERY nice!
The knitted part makes it extra precious, you won't find something
like that in store! They are special. Wonderful gifts. I definitely think
you could sell them also, they are great.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are so beautiful, I think you have something there that people would buy, better start figuring how much ! :D I have a sister in law that makes quilts and she charges a whold lot of money. She goes by how much it cost for the material and keeps track of the hours it took to make them, and the size..She has made a lot of money.
My husband said same thing. I do know how long they take me but have to fig out materials. I made few with fleece and few with flannel I like them both.

Wow Theresa both the bed and the blankets are VERY nice!
The knitted part makes it extra precious, you won't find something
like that in store! They are special. Wonderful gifts. I definitely think
you could sell them also, they are great.
Thank you.
I started making baby blankets, did not like knitted part on baby, so added material. Just thought I can make little bigger and turn in to a sack. Amberleah lou lou is extra big by mistake and love it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts