Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monkey has been a wonder of a puppy and is only 5 months old (Is this a reason ?). He is well trained so far, we have a routine and is taken out several times an evening where he goes to toilet - each time being praised with treats for doing so - so generally all round good, however lately we have found that he has fouled his bed when we come down in the morning. A wee is present on his toilet matt (which we have for his assumed weak bladder) and a poo in his basket, it's so frustrating ! Also we have found that he has eaten some !

Can anyone help or offer some information ? :cry:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the eating it might be because he was hungrey but we feed him a mixtrue of wet and dry food during the morning and evening and some dry at lunch time. such a frustrastion ! Also everything I've read says that Chi don't foul their beds too so I don't know what's going on. Hope I can get some help. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah he could be dragging it. Also I have noticed that he has lost his chew stick. I'll give him another tonight. As for excercise, he does get plenty of rund of the garden in the evenings, but only for shorts bursts. I take him for shorts walks too but not that often at the moment. I do need to get into a better rountine of walking him.

Thanks V and Nat.

Keep the suggestions coming guys ! Cheers. :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Princess. That's really helpfull. It's so easy to get away from thinking that our little pups are just dogs after all and they do sometimes eat poo ! I've heard pineapple juice make it distastfull. I might try that. :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's Very re-assuring Ms P. I certainly hope so. I'm sure everyone on this site know's what it's like - Every little thing you pick up on and Monkey being my first puppy I kind of put pressure on myself because I know with training it's better to prevent than to correct problems.

Thanks Again ! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.