Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had some time to work on some more dresses for Daisy. I got her cow print one finished and her 4th of July one done too. I might add to the 4th of July one but not sure yet.

Cow Print

Daisy isn't too happy getting pics taken of her today.

And now her 4th of July one.

Before the gems were added

I think I'm going to make a head band for the 4th of July one. Or make some bows for her hair.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
wow...you are very talented...those dresses are great...lovelovelove the cow print...she looks adorable in both dresses :daisy:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I was thinking of turning the 4th of july one into harness one but I thought that would take away from the cuteness of it. I might put a hole in so her harness can be used under the dress.

I also found a bandana that has lip marks on it that I'm going to try to turn into a 1950s fluffy dress. I'm probably going to make the lips sparkly.

I still have to print out her name tag and shrink a dink it for her collar.

LOL I'm filled with ideas.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, those are so gorgeous and so is she!
Thank you. I wish fabric wasn't so expensive.

Sometimes I think I've ran out of ideas with the harness style dresses. But than something kicks in and my creativeness goes into full run.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you. My cousin and a friend keep telling me to make some and sale them. But so far I haven't had any luck with my other crafts that I have tried to sale. So I dont know.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have trouble finding clothes to fit her. You should try and sell maybe start off on a make by order kind of thing. Let me know if you decide you would like to do something like that. Or even if you would sell you pattern I would be interested. What is your pups weight right now?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have trouble finding clothes to fit her. You should try and sell maybe start off on a make by order kind of thing. Let me know if you decide you would like to do something like that. Or even if you would sell you pattern I would be interested. What is your pups weight right now?
I actually found a jacket pattern and than altered it into a harness style and reduced the size to fit her. I dont know her weight yet. We dont have a scale in the house, well we have a wii but ended up taking the batteries out for my sons toys.

I also use velcro so its ajustable since I know shes going to grow.

I really dont do any measuring, I eye it and go from there.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks I was thinking of turning the 4th of july one into harness one but I thought that would take away from the cuteness of it. I might put a hole in so her harness can be used under the dress.

I also found a bandana that has lip marks on it that I'm going to try to turn into a 1950s fluffy dress. I'm probably going to make the lips sparkly.

I still have to print out her name tag and shrink a dink it for her collar.

LOL I'm filled with ideas.
The dresses you made are beautiful! Now I am curious about the shrink a dink name tag. Does it hang from the collar or do you sew it on? Do you have a picture of it? That is a really creative idea!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Wow Ginger, just WOW! :eek:
I love your art, it's is simply fabulous! :daisy:
Great job. Your model is very pretty too. ;)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The dresses you made are beautiful! Now I am curious about the shrink a dink name tag. Does it hang from the collar or do you sew it on? Do you have a picture of it? That is a really creative idea!
I havent done the shrink a dink name tag yet. I had to reorganize my art room after hubby destroyed it in search of a bat that got into our house.

But it will hang from the collar like a regular tag. I saw an idea but they were using pop bottle caps for the tags. But with how little Daisy I think a bottle cap would be too big for her. So I thought why not try shrink a dinks. Of course as they shrink I have to giggle it so reminds me of being a kid again.

Wow Ginger, just WOW!
I love your art, it's is simply fabulous!
Great job. Your model is very pretty too.!

Thanks LS. I think I'm going to have to design a clothing box for Daisy soon with how many clothes shes going to have. My neighbor just saw her 4th of July dress and asked where I get her clothes and was suprised when I said I made them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts