Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marcus and I were walking out on the boardwalk today when I stopped for some ice cream. I picked him up and this man on a bench says to his little boy "Oh look at the little cat". I probably would not have said anything but Cooper's mommy has inspired me. So I took his paw and waved back at the man and said "Oh look at the big jerk" He just looked at me and then kinda started laughing and tried to apologize but I just walked away. What is wrong with people!!!!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Am I the only one who's not offended by stuff like that??? I've had various people ask if Lily was a bunny, a cat and one of those robotic animals. I mean, ya gotta laugh at how idiotic people can be, no? :lol:

However, I will say that your comeback was both quick and creative. The poor guy probably didn't know what hit him. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ROFL!!!! I am proud of you!!! I can't stop laughing... I have to remember that one!! I'm going to pee in my pants ... I think it was the paw wave that got me. LOL

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have had one or two people call Angel a cat in error but it was just an honest mistake on their part. They just didn't look close enough so it didn't really offend me... although she looks NOTHING like a cat. LOL But the comments like "Oh look, it's Dumbo!" or "That's an over-grown rat, not a dog." offend me like you wouldn't believe! :evil:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
chimommy said:
I have had one or two people call Angel a cat in error but it was just an honest mistake on their part. They just didn't look close enough so it didn't really offend me... although she looks NOTHING like a cat. LOL But the comments like "Oh look, it's Dumbo!" or "That's an over-grown rat, not a dog." offend me like you wouldn't believe! :evil:
I never get any rude comments about Lily. It can't be because I live in an area where people are more polite (they're not :lol: ). People always say nice things about her... maybe if I heard a couple of "rat" comments I'd go nuts too. :dontknow:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've gotten the rat comment from my own uncle, no less. And, he's never even seen Taco. His dog is smaller than he is. I didn't say anything, as I always knew he was a jerk anyway. His comment just proved it!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Am I the only one who's not offended by stuff like that??? I've had various people ask if Lily was a bunny, a cat and one of those robotic animals. I mean, ya gotta laugh at how idiotic people can be, no? :lol:

However, I will say that your comeback was both quick and creative. The poor guy probably didn't know what hit him. :lol:
yesterday ---->
weird man: WOW look at that BAT!!
stef: haha
weird man: what breed is it?
stef: a chihuahua
weird man: ow my, GOSH LOOK AT THOSE WINGS! (refering to his ears lol)
stef: lolololol ok bye

I get loadsa negative comments lol

''look its a paris hilton dog" Like i no paris copyrighted "thats hot!" but when did she copy right chis as hers?

lady: your just like paris
stef:I dont like paris!

ehhhhh iz dat a doggg!!!!

aww i thought it was a toy!!!

omg is it real??

but when im down the road, 3 times ive walked past people with toddlers crying and they say ow look at the pup and the kids just get the biggest smiles. Thats the best!!!

I dont care about rude comments either- I love him!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Scooby said:
Marcus and I were walking out on the boardwalk today when I stopped for some ice cream. I picked him up and this man on a bench says to his little boy "Oh look at the little cat". I probably would not have said anything but Cooper's mommy has inspired me. So I took his paw and waved back at the man and said "Oh look at the big jerk" He just looked at me and then kinda started laughing and tried to apologize but I just walked away. What is wrong with people!!!!
That's hilarious! Very proud indeed! Anyway, it's funny that is your situation because a week ago a woman said to another woman when I took Snap to the park "Look at that rat!" then I said "Look at that idot!" Snap barked back at me and I knew he was putting his two sence in as well, lol. I hate people who do that, it's so rude. :wave: :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My theory is that Marcus is like my child and I would never say anything unkind about another person's child in front of them. If someone doesn't have anything nice to say they should just keep their mouths shut :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:

No, you aren't the only one, Rach. I guess I'm just fortunate as I've never gotten offensive comments about any of my chis. In fact, just the opposite. Almost everywhere I take Jazzy, I get comments like - "oh, she is sooo adoreable", "what a cute chihuahua", etc. And because she is so friendly to almost everyone, I also get comments about her sweet nature.

The only unfavorable comment I've gotten was someone remarking that her coat was not long enough to be a long hair chi. But then I explained she was only 10 months old and her full adult coat was not in yet.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think one of the first questions I get with people when they see Josie is, "Is that a cat? Or...what IS that?!" The other day, I had to pick my mom up from her lunch date with some friends and I didn't want the restaurant to get angry and my mom had left her cell phone in my car, so I stuck Josie in my purse, ran in and said, "I'm here, so whenever you're ready, we'll go." As it turned out, my mom was on her way to pay for her food, so I just hung around for a couple of minutes. As we were walking out the door, I unzipped my bag and Josie popped her head out and was just looking around when I heard some woman behind us gasp, "OH MY GOD, IT'S A REAL ONE! IT'S A REAL DOG IN THERE!" Wasn't too sure why she thought I'd tote a fake dog around in my bag, but you know, different strokes, I guess. :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:

I don't necessarily get bothered by it only if people are straight to my face rude. Like Seiah and I were running in the park and he was on his leash, there was a couple ladies ahead of us and so I started slowing down so we don't run into them and I wanted to go down these stairs on the right that was a few feet away. The two ladies stopped, huffed, rolled eyes, and stood in the grass and rudely said to me to just hurry up and pass them. So I looked them in the face and told them Seiah was not going to bite them and that they were very rude people, and walked away.

But I've had people ask about the teacup thing over 10 times, but I've just gotten used to telling them that its not true and educate them. I don't get heated about it anymore.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I've heard people referring to smaller breed dogs as "pocket pups" lately. I guess they got tired of being yelled at for saying "teacup".

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Ears and hari

I always get the look at those ears comment. Yoshi doesnt have much hair and he is a cream color and most people think he is hairless. His hair is so short and almost non existent on his head and tummy. I Have many people that argue with me on whether or not he is a full chi. The fact that he is a deerhead and not the standard applehead shape also makes it hard to convince them. I did have a lady come up to me yesterday and ask me if I have seen the hairless Chis? I didnt no such thing existed??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts