Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on the news how beneficial coconut oil is the the break down & prevention of plaque on teeth. It was said that they are going to look into it to start adding it to toothpaste. Haha, I already use it when I make toothpaste for my kids.

Sorry I can't find the link. I'll keep looking & post when I find it.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
That's awesome! I just started giving it to my dogs, and they all seem to enjoy it. Lola has had 4 teeth extracted and she won't let me brush them so it's great to hear it helps with dental hygiene. ;)

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I have read that green tripe also contains enzymes that help to keep teeth clean. My two get it several times a week and it is possibly their favourite meal.
Coconut oil is just amazing stuff, I don't know what I would do without it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Stella, do you have a link to buying this in the UK? I'm being lazy, i could search google myself, but want to get the right one :) x

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have read that green tripe also contains enzymes that help to keep teeth clean. My two get it several times a week and it is possibly their favourite meal.
Ooooh that's good to hear - I just ordered some of this for Max to try! :)

Stella, do you have a link to buying this in the UK? I'm being lazy, i could search google myself, but want to get the right one :) x
I'd love to know where you get this from too! :D

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Coconut oil? Or green tripe?
I get my coconut oil from my local health food shop, it is organic virgin coconut oil by Essential and is £3.49. You can get it online, but the postage is expensive as it is in a glass jar. You can also get it in supermarkets in cities in the ethnic foods aisle.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Thanks for the info on coconut oil. Is there one brand that is preferable? I did a search on the net, but there is so much to choose from. Any recommendations?

Can't wait to get some! sounds like it's so good for them.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
That link doesn't work for me. As long as it is food grade it will be fine. You can get it in places like superdrug just for hair/skin use and it has added perfume. You just want plain, virgin coconut oil.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
No, I use it as well as. It can also be applied topically, I use it on Harleys sore spots from his allergies, and massage it in to help with coat regrowth.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That link doesn't work for me. As long as it is food grade it will be fine. You can get it in places like superdrug just for hair/skin use and it has added perfume. You just want plain, virgin coconut oil.
Oh weird.. Well the ingredients are just 100% Pure Coconut Oil, is this the same as virgin coconut oil?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am confused. How exactly do you give them coconut oil? Do you just add it to the food?

Will have a look into it as well.

Does this one seem ok?
Pure Coconut Oil | Holland and Barrett

There was another one which stated that you can use it for cooking (but the jar was quite big) so that should be ok too then, right?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
@ Lianne:
was the one you found the one for £0.99 ?? That looks really good, but am not sure whether its good.... :-/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts