Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Hi everybody. Here are afew more pics of my sweetie. i can't wait to get her home. I don;t think she will be too big as I saw both the parents and mom is 3lbs and dad is about 3.5lbs I have been looking for about 6months and have finally found the one. Have fuond others before but the breeder just wasn't right for me.
hope you enjoy the pics.

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
Wait, you said that the breeder was the best breeder around? No good breeder will breed a 3lb female, let alone to a larger male. It is really bad to breed any female under 4.5lbs... and the male should be AT LEAST 1lb lighter...

Plus, she sells her puppies when they are 7 weeks old. I am sorry, but she is not a good breeder.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Halle's breeder requires the females to be a minimum of 4.5 pounds, and Halle's mom was exactly that, and her dad was 3 pounds. It is unsafe to breed an exceptionally small female chi, and it is unsafe to breed a small female with a larger male as well.
Plus the youngest you should be able to pick up your chi is between 8 and 12 weeks

·
Registered
633 Posts
oh that puppy is so precious. love the colour. bet you are so excited. make sure you spend these next weeks planning for the arrival of your new furbaby.
Cant wait to see more picts when you get her. :wink:

·
Registered
795 Posts
AWw the puppy is so cute! Congrads on the new baby! ...Since she is so tiny if you ever need a set of pet stairs..hehe my boutique has the best and least expensive ones!

Guys I think the first few posts may have scared her off... :?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for reply, I will look into the stairs. Yes, I am getting really excited. Have bought lots of stuff already to be ready for when she comes home. Collar, harness, leash, crate, dog bed, clothes, and lots of toys and have made the vet appointment also for they day after I get her. I still have to buy the puppy food but will buy that closer to the time. Do you think I should by a heating pad for her crate at nights?
Thanks for comments everyone

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Jessie.
I spoke to the breeder and I got the weight wrong it is the female who is half a pound bigger then the male. I asked her if she usually breeds her two females that are 3lbs. She has 4 females and her other 3lb female is spayed and the female where my puppy came from, she got pregant by accident. She was kept away when in heat but her daughter let her out by accident when she was at work. she was suspose to get spayed after he heat. All her other chis are in the range from 4-7lbs. She said she doesn't mind keeping her till she 8weeks. She said for the past 30yrs her mom and her have let them all go at 7 weeks and they have been fine. But, then again those where abit bigger then the pup I am getting. The ony problem is now I have taken the time off work to go pick her and made a vet appointment for the day after I get her. I took a week off so i can be with the pup while she is adjusting. So I don't know if my boss will let me switch it.
I spoke to the breeder today and she is doing great. She is eating well, playing with her littermates and loves to give kisses when you hold her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts