Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfie will be 1 yr old at the end of the month. I noticed this evening that Alfie is dribbling alot, and when I looked in his mouth he seems to have some teeth just poking through behind where his canines are (between the canines and the back molars, I think it's pre-molars coming through) on either side at the top, and there's a bit of blood on his gums. There was always a gap here before. He's also just been chewing his nylabone like mad.

I got him at 7 months and he was still losing his baby canines then, but then he seemed to stop teething. I know toy breeds take longer to get all their teeth, but is it normal for Chi's to still be getting teeth coming through at this age?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Idk I'm gonna have to see where daisys are as she's 2 months older

Did all his canines come out ok? Lotus has lost one two are still sold the other I'm wiggling

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His canines came through fine, but then there was always this gap either side where I now think new teeth are coming through. I've just been Googling and I've read that puppies don't have some of the pre-molars (i.e they don't have them as baby teeth, then lose them and get the adult ones, they just grow as adult teeth later) so I'm assuming it's these ones that are now appearing in the gap.

All the dribbling was worrying me until I spotted this!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yes it can still happen (teething and getting more teeth up /over a year) i have had 1 girl do this i got worried and brought her to the vets (i didn't want her mouth too go wrong) but it was fine

So i guess your little man is fine too!

·
Registered
74 Posts
marley is now 9months and has both her baby canines still and her adult when i took her to the vet the last time he said he will have to pull her baby teeth because they have not come out yet...she is getting spayed in the beginning of february and he is going to pull them when she is under for that surgery...anyone experienced this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts