Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sweet little girl decided to actually let me get some half way decent pics tonight lol
Still favoring the bad leg.

But she's using her bad leg to stand more and more

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i guess i missed the post about her little leg what happened hope her leg is back to normal soon

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Twiggy was run over by her former owners and suffered a fractured pelvis and two broken hips. They never took her to a vet. By the time animal control removed her, two months after being run over, the one hip healed contracted and rotated inward. The other one created a new hip socket back by her tail. I debated removing her bad leg when I got her, but took a wait and see position. Now she is starting to use the bad leg to walk on more and more and also uses it to get into and out of a dog bed. She has never let not having four good legs keep her down, you should see when she wants to get my attention, she bounces and quacks like a duck. lol She's a fiesty little 2 pound 14 oz ball of additude.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Aww, what a sweetheart, Pam! I love seeing the pics of Twiggy up and happy.. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw she's a sweetheart. :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Such a cutie! Is there any alternative or therapy possible for her?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Such a cutie! Is there any alternative or therapy possible for her?
I talked with a ortho vet and because it was so long after the injury and it healed the way it did, the only thing would be to amputate. But he said because it was not in the way and not causing her pain we should wait and see before we went that route. He was also afraid that removing it would throw her balance off. I'm glad we waited, she is using it more and more. Because it healed so far up on the spine, that leg is more straighter than the other one and turned inward, but she makes it work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts