Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Hsere is what happens every morning in my house. Get up, open the curtains, and the door, feed the dogs and wait for the fun to start. I have a 14 year old siamese cat, Jazzie, that was my roommates. When she died, I inherited her cat. Took Jazz 3 months to come and sit on my lap. Now the 4 pound chi, Bonnie, and Jazz have a love/hate/scared relationship. Jazz weighs 11 pounds, Bonnie is tiny. Jazz has discovered that she can 'scare' Bonnie, so poor Bonnie is looking over her shoulder. I feed her in her pen, so Jazz doesn't bother her then. Then while I am eating breakfast, Jazz will 'hide' from Bonnie, then when Bonnie passes her, she'll jump out at her! Bonnie flies into her safe place, her pen! Over and over during the morning until Jazz finally tires of the 'game'!

Do any of you have a cat/dog combination? If so, do they play together?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
We have a barn cat that comes in the house occationally - Venus desperately tries to play with her and she just stares back. It's pretty funny to watch.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the 'stare down' game. Jazz and Emmie (the 'big' chi) do this when one wants to get to the porch door and look out. Both CAN fit, but they do not want to be that close. These two are equal in weight (Em=9.5 pounds, Jazz=11 pounds) so that they 'respect' each other. If Em gets too close, Jazz will swipe at her, never connects.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Laurel's a "lonely only", which I want to change eventually. She loves kitties, but I worry about her eyesight and those sharp claws.

She's not going to be much bigger than Bonnie, which is a surprise.

Do any of you have smaller pets that your Chis actually interact with? Bunnies are scary too, her terrier prey drive rules out birds or rodents, but we met a Bearded Dragon out and about and the two animals had a great time. They recognized each other as fellow earthlings, were curious and polite, and nobody was treated like lunch.

The care is complicated and the babies are too tiny to even register as fellow creatures to a dog, but it's a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts