Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my dogs running today - I've been a bit under the weather so we haven't been out for a few days, and they were super hyper and excitable.

There was a group of people standing in the middle of the sidewalk (who didn't even think about getting out of the way when they saw us coming, rudeness #1). There was a man with a small chihuahua, who I couldn't see because the dog was blocked by this man's body -- but my dogs saw her and stopped to say "hi" (not overbearingly, and the little chi wasn't scared). There were also 2 kids there who got tangled in the leashes because they also refused to move at all - and the guy says "If you can't handle your dogs maybe you shouldn't have so many!"

Oh I could have smacked him! Why are people so flipping stupid? They saw me coming. One of the many reasons I hate living in town :foxes15:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
if u think thats rude...you wouldn't be able to handle new york lOL! things like that u just talk back at them and just brush it off...what a jerk
I was going to say that! I agree it is totally rude, and people should be more polite, but when I lived in Boston and took the subway everyday I had ruder than that interactions with pedestrians at least twice a day just getting to work. I think it is probably just as bad as New York (having spent some time there too).

The other day I was in the supermarket and a guy made some rude comment to me, and I talked right back to him, then another person looked at me and said "are you from the east coast?" I thought that was a hilarious.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
I was going to say that! I agree it is totally rude, and people should be more polite, but when I lived in Boston and took the subway everyday I had ruder than that interactions with pedestrians at least twice a day just getting to work. I think it is probably just as bad as New York (having spent some time there too).

The other day I was in the supermarket and a guy made some rude comment to me, and I talked right back to him, then another person looked at me and said "are you from the east coast?" I thought that was a hilarious.
Hahahaha! Whenever I take the train here which is not a lot..eveytime there's always somethin rude..like people pushin u out the way, cuttin u to get the seats first...yellin racial slurs at u...rofl.theblist goes on and on. I can't even tell u how many times a driver cut me off or even drove so weird...and almost crashed into me without a care o.o its just so normal here that there's just no point of getting mad about it because u know another thing will happen the day after haha!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I took my dogs running today - I've been a bit under the weather so we haven't been out for a few days, and they were super hyper and excitable.

There was a group of people standing in the middle of the sidewalk (who didn't even think about getting out of the way when they saw us coming, rudeness #1). There was a man with a small chihuahua, who I couldn't see because the dog was blocked by this man's body -- but my dogs saw her and stopped to say "hi" (not overbearingly, and the little chi wasn't scared). There were also 2 kids there who got tangled in the leashes because they also refused to move at all - and the guy says "If you can't handle your dogs maybe you shouldn't have so many!"

Oh I could have smacked him! Why are people so flipping stupid? They saw me coming. One of the many reasons I hate living in town :foxes15:
People can be so rude, I am with you in this one. Here in ireland ppl just dnt care.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
This made me think of a conversation I was having with one of our neighbors.
We have this kid who is a hellion in our apartment complex. If you are on the sidewalk he will run you off of it with his bike and heaven forbid you are walking a dog he will try to run over your dog.
Our neighbor has a very aggressive chi mix. Needless to say he tries to keep her calm. This little boy has terrorized his dog. I guess he finally had enough and the last time the kid tried to run over his dog he told the kid if he did it again he was going to stick his arm out as he was riding by and knock him off the bike like he knocks everyone off the sidewalk. His exact words were he was going to cold cock the kid but then he had to explain to the kid what he meant.
The kid went running to his parents and property management got involved. At first I was shocked that he said that to the kid but the kid has no manners and has been a nightmare for all of us pet owners.
Moral of my long story...people need manners. Perhaps our neighbor was wrong for telling the kid that but it is obvious this kid never has been taught manners.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Ugh, people can be so rude!

if u think thats rude...you wouldn't be able to handle new york lOL! things like that u just talk back at them and just brush it off...what a jerk
Same with London! You can't leave your house without seeing jerks like that every day. When I talk back at them, my british boyfriend always tells me to stop... him and his british politeness. lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with such rudeness. I am definitely that person that says "excuse you" when someone cuts me off while shopping in a store or sarcastically says "I'll just block the aisle like everyone else so no one else can through" when someone is doing just that. If I'm driving & another driver cuts me off, I flip them "the bird". My husband didn't use to be this way but I've taught him well over the last 12 years.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha! It's funny, I lived in Philly for 7 years and never experienced such rudeness as I have living in this stupid town that calls itself a city! I totally would have told him off, but I was so busy trying to untangle his stupid children from my dogs' leashes that I was too flustered to even say anything. Sigh. Kids here ride their bikes on the sidewalks, and don't give pedestrians any warning that they're coming up behind you... they just whiz right by... I swear someone's going to have a heart attack from it one of these days. I said something to a kid one morning and he was like "I gave you enough room. You were fine!" *pulls out own hair* What happened to manners?!?! Seriously!?!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Lol...as the years go by generations lack manners ;) oh wow in my bfs part in NYC if u bike on the sidewalk u get a ticket lol! U have to bike on the road even if there's cars blocking double parked. Around my area I hardly see any bikers unless they're the ones that do those marathons with those crazy bikes and bike in groups of like 20

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
You're supposed to get a £50 fine here for riding a bike on the pavement but no one ever does. I think manners are just lacking everywhere these days and it's one of my pet peeves. Manners don't cost anything. I do that very British thing of saying under my breath 'you're welcome' if I hold a door or move out of the way and they don't say thank you. It's so common these days though that I'm shocked when someone does have manners.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
You're supposed to get a £50 fine here for riding a bike on the pavement but no one ever does. I think manners are just lacking everywhere these days and it's one of my pet peeves. Manners don't cost anything. I do that very British thing of saying under my breath 'you're welcome' if I hold a door or move out of the way and they don't say thank you. It's so common these days though that I'm shocked when someone does have manners.
I say stuff like that all the time Melissa when people are being rude. If someone gets in my way and won't move I am mean and say "excuse you"

My dad was huge on manners. I pointed at him one time and he told me it was rude and if he caught me pointing again my finger would be sore for a while.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I say stuff like that all the time Melissa when people are being rude. If someone gets in my way and won't move I am mean and say "excuse you"

My dad was huge on manners. I pointed at him one time and he told me it was rude and if he caught me pointing again my finger would be sore for a while.

I just say it so they can't hear, unless I'm very annoyed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts