Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Mouse our little 12 week old Chihuahua has got Parvo despite having his jabs. He had his 2nd jab yesterday and last evening began to get very poorly. We rushed him to the vets this morning with serious sickness and diarroah. They have put him on a drip but do not hold out much hope because of his size and age. Apparently some dogs although vaccinated can still get it. The vet thinks maybe because of his not so good breeding he was running low and has managed to pick it up, He has never been put down on the street only in the garden. We are deverstated what an outcome after being so pleased with him.
Love Anne X

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I am so sorry to hear Mouse has Parvo. I hope he can beat it. Someone here recently had a very small chi with parvo and it managed to pull thru so i pray that Mouse does too :( Sending positive thoughts for you & Mouse

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yes it was jezapak's (sp?) little chi. If I am not mistaken they had just gotten the little thing home when she got sick.

I hope your baby pulls through too. I know it is a really tough disease. I'm so sorry. :(

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I am so sorry I will keep you and little mouse in my thoughts , even in the garden they can get if it is before the 2 weeks after their last jab as foxes and hedghogs etc can get in gardens and can carry parvo :cry:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.