Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're movie people, my OH and I.

We finally saw The Black Swan tonight, oh. my. goodness. Please, if you haven't had the pleasure seee this movie! I'm still in awe about Natalie Portman's performance. She was phenomenal.

Any other movie fanatics out there?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am a complete movie buff! :) Havent seen that one yet but I have heard it is really weird.

I watched a creepy one tonight called "Case 39"

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird is an understatement. Darren Aronofsky is known for making, OUT THERE movies but Black Swan was soo beautiful.

Gary watched Case 39 last week, I passed on it to read my book but he said it was sincerely scary and a pretty good watch ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I've never really been big into movies but there are a bunch coming out that look good lol. We saw Meet the Fockers the other night, bad story line but funny movie. This coming from the non-movie buff, tho he he.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
We have been meaning to see that! Im also a huge Coen brothers fan so Ive been wanting to see True Grit really bad...when we go see a movie in theatres though we have to drive a ways to see it at an AMC Cinema Suites. We tried it once and now we are hooked! Anyone done it? You get these super comfy lazy boy recliners, they bring you little personal bowls of popcorn. They have really yummy food and drinks, and you just push a button for the server to come take your order, and there are little swivel trays so you can eat. So fun! We were going to go see True Grit last week but we finally got our winter weather so we havent made it yet.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My OH and I are pitiful about seeing films in theatres. I guess just because we aren't SUPER social. It's very rare to see us on opening weekend to a flick. We generally wait for it to die down.

I used to be a clerk in a video store so alll the free rentals my heart desired. I think I had seen just about all the movies by the end of my 4 years :]

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well..not a movie fanatic, I do go sometime. I saw Tangled and plan to go to see Rio when it comes out.
I'm an animation fan if you can't tell already;).

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
We looove movies too! We're always going! We want to see that one next!!

I am a complete movie buff! :) Havent seen that one yet but I have heard it is really weird.

I watched a creepy one tonight called "Case 39"
We were gonna rent that tonight at redbox but decided not too because he got home from work too late :( I saw the trailer it looked good but wasn't for sure!! Did you like it a lot?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Well..not a movie fanatic, I do go sometime. I saw Tangled and plan to go to see Rio when it comes out.
I'm an animation fan if you can't tell already;).

I love love love animation movies too! I'm a kid at heart! So is my OH! hehe We've even went to see Toy Story 1 & 2 when it was a double hit night and saw the 3rd one. I was pushing all the little kids outta my way LOL jk but ya I love cartoon movies. ;) We want to see Tangled! It must be good because my OH dressed up as Santa this year for the kids at the store he works for and soooo many kids asked for Tangled stuff! So must be a hit!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Ive watch all the new releases online I got a new laptop just b4 Xmas and a 40" tv for Xmas so I can plug the laptop into the tv and watch anything it's golden I lovvvvve my movies I haven't seen black swan yet but plan on it maybe tmw night if I have time. We have the movie networks all of them and the on demand so I pretty well have seen everything that interests me me and oh watched grand Torino the other night was pretty good. I cried at the end lol!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
We LOVE movies, but I dont like going "to" the movies! We love the drive-in and renting movies at home. I am waiting for a few good ones to come out this month :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I enjoy going to the cinema, but don't get to do it often. Last time I went was with my mom (we always go together) and we saw 'Robin Hood'. I really didn't wanna see it but my mom did and she's sat through movies that she didn't want to see either to please me so I was trying to "pay" her back :) I'm sooo excited for Scream 4; will be in theaters April 15 :love2: It's been 10 years since the third one came out.

I also love ordering movies through Pay-per view; not sure if you all outside of the US have it, or if you have something similar what you call it. I saw a few of you mentioned Case 39..I may order that one based on the things posted here.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
"Case 39" was descent. The first part of the movie was really good and creepy. Then it kind of lost its spark a bit. I kinda figured out what was coming. It wasnt a bad movie by any means and worth watching. Some may feel differently.

I do not go to theaters or drive-ins anymore. Rude and inconsiderate people just ruined it for me. I was one of those people that could go to the movies by myself without thinking twice about it and would go on the weekends as well as our Monday and Wed. matinees. I really like to get lost in a movie and where I live it is just impossible. We have a media room downstairs now that is set up like a movie theater so I enjoy mine at home these days :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i love movies! i saw meet the Fockers... was just ok. saw True Grit and like it alot although the original was much better. i really want to see the Black Swan, and maybe The Social Network

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i love movies! i saw meet the Fockers... was just ok. saw True Grit and like it alot although the original was much better. i really want to see the Black Swan, and maybe The Social Network
I've heard True Grit wasn't to it's full potential. We loved the social network also though.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I enjoy going to the cinema, but don't get to do it often. Last time I went was with my mom (we always go together) and we saw 'Robin Hood'. I really didn't wanna see it but my mom did and she's sat through movies that she didn't want to see either to please me so I was trying to "pay" her back :) I'm sooo excited for Scream 4; will be in theaters April 15 :love2: It's been 10 years since the third one came out.

I also love ordering movies through Pay-per view; not sure if you all outside of the US have it, or if you have something similar what you call it. I saw a few of you mentioned Case 39..I may order that one based on the things posted here.
yep, this thread made me want to see case 39 and black swan too. lol
I watched case 39 yesterday, it was pretty good. I think I enjoyed it the most cause it was a snow day here and normally I wouldn't get to watch a movie during the week.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We started watching Greys Anatomy because all the seasons are instant que on netflix, we really like it!

We got Devil and Piranha to watch this weekend, ugh, I enjoy horror movies but i'm a bit burnt out on them as of late.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I LOVE going to the movie theater but hate going on the weekends (Just ALL kids!) and I won't see a movie in theater when it first comes out (unless it's something I'm dying to see and that's usually not the case lol) Other wise I love going to the movie theater!

I wish we had a Drive in here, they don't make those any more =( WE only have one and it's out in the country, never been to it. lol

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
We started watching Greys Anatomy because all the seasons are instant que on netflix, we really like it!

We got Devil and Piranha to watch this weekend, ugh, I enjoy horror movies but i'm a bit burnt out on them as of late.
I love horror movies, although the ones that have been coming out the past 10 years, especially the last 5, aren't anywhere near "horror" classification. :foxes15:

Devil was OK. Glad I spent only 5 bucks on payper view for it.

·
Registered
923 Posts

Greys is awesome. Although lately it is more like a nighttime soap opera than a ER-esque show. Spouse is no longer willing to watch it with me because of that (he says too much whoissleepingwithwho & omgdrama!).

Now, Piranha - if you LOVE gore (like I do!) this movie is DEFINATELY for you! Some movies claim to be gorey, but in the end you didnt see much detial/blood/guts. THIS movie.. is disgusting. :hello1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts