Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chi is 3 1/2 months old. Since I brought her home at 6 weeks she has lived with 2 other small dogs which she absolutely LOVES to play with. Now I am moving and she will still see them but not everyday. She will now be living with another chi who she also really likes but I am worried that she is going to get sad or depressed about not being with the others every day. Am I being silly? Do they really have feelings like that? I just feel bad that she is going to be very confused. She always seems okay at the new house but we haven't actually moved in yet so we are only there moving stuff in during the day and then we come back to the other house. Please help and tell me if I am worrying over nothing. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
jec582 said:
My chi is 3 1/2 months old. Since I brought her home at 6 weeks she has lived with 2 other small dogs which she absolutely LOVES to play with. Now I am moving and she will still see them but not everyday. She will now be living with another chi who she also really likes but I am worried that she is going to get sad or depressed about not being with the others every day. Am I being silly? Do they really have feelings like that? I just feel bad that she is going to be very confused. She always seems okay at the new house but we haven't actually moved in yet so we are only there moving stuff in during the day and then we come back to the other house. Please help and tell me if I am worrying over nothing. Thank you.
You're not being silly at all. And yes, we think they do have feelings. That's why we're all so nuts about them. :lol:

I think it's great that she's been to the new house so it won't feel strange to her when you finally move in.

I think she'll be fine. She'll still see her old pals and that will be great for her. Plus, having another chi to live with will be awesome for them both. I think things will work out just fine. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I think she will be fine. She may be a little confused in the beginning, but she is still just a puppy and hasn't been with you that long so maybe it won't be too much of an adjustment for her. It will help that she will have another chi to play with, since she is leaving behind her other little friends.

You may notice a regression in her housebreaking. This is fairly common when you change their environment, so don't get upset with her. Just be patient, and if need be start the training process all over again.

Good luck with your move. It's good that you are taking her with you to the new house. That should help her adjust.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
oh she will be fine my jemini came from a house that had 9 chihuahua's that's she loved too. what my breeder did was took a blanket and some toys and rubbed all the chi's with it and gave them to me so she can keep there smell with her. so that helped her alot b/c when she felt scared she would lay on the blanket

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
She'll be fine after the initial confusion wears off. Since there's another dog to entertain her at the new house, she'll probably do some play-fighting with it to establish dominance at first, but they'll probably be best buddies later on.

You might want to have the other dogs over to the new house once you settle in to visit her. :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Jamoka said:
what my breeder did was took a blanket and some toys and rubbed all the chi's with it and gave them to me so she can keep there smell with her.
I think that is great that a breeder would do that for their puppy! Wouldn't it be nice if all chi breeders were like that!!! Should be a standard :)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
When my bf and I moved to our new house we already had Lina. She was about 7 months though. She adjusted very well to the new sounds and smells. We took her over with us every time we went to clean it or fix something before we actually moved in. I agree with the others, your pup will be just fine :)

The person I got my Lina from gave me a couple of her toys from thier house. Including a little stuffed piggy that she still sleeps with to this day. It's been washed and everything by now of course but for the first couple months, I didn't wash it (even though I really really wanted to lol).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts