Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
i've moved twice since i've had phoebe, and will be moving again soon, and the only real thing i can say is that with her, as long as we keep a routine she doesn't care where we are. my hubby is in the navy so we travel "back home" every time he gets any leave, and both phoebe and beefy LOVE to travel, and they love staying away from home. maybe i'm just lucky. but if you always get up in the morning and start a pot of coffee and then take your chi out (or whatever it is that you do) in this house, try to do it in the new house. oh, and try not to be too upset if they foget to use puppy pads in the new house the first couple days, lol, since they won't be in the same place they are used to. mostly, with mine i've found that with moving, along with anything else, if i don't make a big deal out of it, neither do they, but if i act like i'm upset/nervous or even trying to treat them extra nice out of guilt, they know something is up.
also, be sure when you pack that you have easy access to their favorite toys/treats/blanket, whatever, so that they have things that are familiar to them even if the house isn't. whenever i take mine anywhere for overnight, or when we've moved, the first thing they do is search every room, sniffing, and then they come back to me looking for their stuff. as soon as they find their favorite blanket, they curl up with it, and everything is right with the world. i hope this helps, good luck with the move! :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I agree with what has already been said. We just did a major movie a couple of months ago that involved 2 hotel stays and a few days at my parents house. Staying with your routines as much as possible will help. Make sure to have all of your chi's favorite things on hand... toys, bed, blanket maybe, food dishes,treats... We stayed in pet-friendly hotels too so we wouldn't have to board Angel. The hardest part of our move was the long drive from OK to NY. Angel did real well though.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I think you've already been given really great advice here. The one thing I'd add is that if you're able to take your chi to the new place prior to the move, that would be good. Give him/her a chance to sniff around in advance so it doesn't feel so strange once you move in. Good luck with the move! :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts