Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Moose is now 15 weeks old and growing quick. He is already at 4lbs and almost completely potty/pad trained. He is so smart that after only a few corrections about something the behavior stops. We are totally impressed by this!
Jasper,Hannah and Snowball have been doing great with him which is much to our delight. Even with Hannah not feeling well, Moose has been gentle with her and keeps all his playful behavior and antics confined to Jasper and us. This week he got his 1st coat and took a few car rides to petsmart for some puppy training walks and socialization. Again, he totally impressed us by walking the entire store on his training leash and greeting some of the store help. (This was only his second trip to the store)!
Yesterday, Jasper's little brother Chase came over for a visit so the whole house was turned upside down for a few hrs, but all in all this also went well. Moose got along really well with him and Jasper had a great time playing and having chewies with his family. To top off the week, we took Moose to see his mommy and siblings last night. The hr long car trip went great as well as the visit. Moose had a great time and seemed much more out going with all the dogs at the breeders than he did when we first met him. Seems he is coming out of his shell and developing a very out going personality already. Overall my hubby and I think he is turning out to be a great addition to the family much to our relief. We were so worried about upsetting the awesome dynamics of our little fur family.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Love the pics!! How did you get the cat and the chis to like each other? I have 2 cats, and got my chi 4 weeks ago. The cats just come close and sniff Hershey then walk away. :(

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
awwww, love the pics. your hubby looks so happy playing with all 3 dogs :) , wow, thats great Moose is already puppy pad trained. it took me forever to train Minnie and Tootsie. love the pics of Moose snuggling with the other dogs and cat

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
What wonderful photos...you have such a happy and loving family and it shows in all of your pics! Moose is so adorable and is so fortunate to have found a forever home with all of you. Blessings,

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the pics!! How did you get the cat and the chis to like each other? I have 2 cats, and got my chi 4 weeks ago. The cats just come close and sniff Hershey then walk away. :(
Up till this past summer I've always had 2 cats with my chis. (Our 16yr old cat passed late last summer)Both were always excellent with my chis and any other doggy visitors that come to my home. I think this comes from how we introduced our cats to our dogs and how we always make sure that the cats are always equally involved in everything we do with the dogs. Treats, playtime, nibbles from the home cooked food the dogs get, grooming , beds, blankets, etc....our kittys have always been treated equally and encouraged to participate in everything we do with the dogs. Thus, there are no major jealously issues and no one fur family member ever feels less important than another or that one gets more than the other. Of course cats will do what they want but they always know they are part of the family in every way the dogs are. Snowball is now 15yrs old and has always been close with our dogs. He is having just as much fun with Moose as he did with Jasper and our last chi Munchkin when they were puppies.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
How cute! I love that pic all snugged up with the kitty! So sweet! Those are all great pics!! =) Your hubby looks very happy with all the pups!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
nawww how cute is he :) , his colour is so pretty , shows how much i have been on latley as i didnt even know you were getting a new fur baby lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
He's precious, and it looks like he's fit in really well!

I wish ours could make friends with our cat, but by the time the dog came along, the cat was 4 years old, and had never even seen one. He will tolerate Pedro, but Gracie makes him nervous - she jumps around and moves too fast, I think.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nawww how cute is he :) , his colour is so pretty , shows how much i have been on latley as i didnt even know you were getting a new fur baby lol
No worries up till 2 weeks ago I didn't know I was getting another one either. My husband was dead set on it though. :D He absolutely loves our dogs and cats as well as any animal he meets. I have to say it is one of his best qualities!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Fabulous pics. I love his new coat. :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Adorable!!!!!!!!! I've been gone for so long, I don't even know whats going on around here anymore. What an adorable addition to your lil pack! It was nice to see Jasper and Hannah pics again....esp Hannah :) I love her sweet lil face :) I will look forward to seeing more pics of your new lil one

1 - 20 of 22 Posts