Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that many people often ask almost the exact same question, which results in multiple topics/threads on the same subject even on the same page. Just in the Question section there are at least 2 topics on teething within the same page asking the same question, and there are also many topics on getting a second chi, just to name a few.

Other messageboards that I frequent tend to close threads that are asking the same thing or are on the same topic, and the mods will then refer to the existing topic on the subject. This cuts down on having the board filled with threads with the same questions and answers over and over, and it also helps users who are searching past threads about their particular concern to find what they are looking for in an easier way. Also, it allows the user to find all the answers they are looking for in one thread, rather than maybe 3 answers in one thread, 2 answers in another, and 4 answers in another. If users have other questions or concerns about the topic that someone else has already made, they can just add their questions/concerns to the existing thread.

I think a policy such as this would make using the board a lot easier and more efficient. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have noticed this myself, especially recently. While some of it may come from posters just not looking to see if there is already a thread going re their question, I think some of it comes from new members who maybe weren't around when the topics were discussed originally. It does get awfully repetitious, and I often find myself replying to a question that was just asked in the last few days. But I do reply, as I don't want anyone to think we are ignoring them.

I don't have an easy answer, but if there is some way to have a little more control on this it would be great. I do think we need to remember though, that our mods hold down other jobs and do not get paid for their services here, so it would need to be something that is not too time consuming for them.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
yeah - on the forum that I am admin on - when people create topics that already exist I find just locking the thread and linking back for repetitious topics is the easiest :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts