Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Memorial Day weekend I adopted a year old Chi who weighs 10 pounds. According to the vet and Houston SPCA, he's full blooded Chi. However, due to all the hoopla on the AKC sites, etc. I understood Chi's couldn't be over 6 pounds. That's to show, right?

I love my Dobbie. I actually wouldn't want him smaller since he's always underfoot and under the covers. He sits and talks to me, keeps me going out for a walk, and is learning all kinds of bad habits from my daughter's dog who visits occasionally. For instance, Dobbie has learned to run to the fridge whenever the freezer is opened and demand an ice cube. Can this hurt him? I only give him one of the smaller quarter moons. But I am learning to be devious and quient, lol. :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
hi and welcome

glad you found us, no 10 pound is ok for a chi aslong as it is muscle rather than fat..........hee hee my first chi ozzy weighs in at 7 and a half pounds and I know there are peopl here whose chis weigh the same as yours, I love his name is it after the elf in harry potter ?

ice cubes are fine............i think ? well mine eat em too I always put a few in there water when im at work for the day and its warm so there water doesnt go yucky

anyway look forward to getting to know you and dobbie better and i cant wait to see pics of your little guy :wave:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dobbie - from Harry Potter

Yes, his previous parents named him Dobbie from the house elf in Harry Potter. And, yes, his ears do look like that!

He's a real sweetie and all muscle. He can jump straight up about three feet or more in height from a standing position. He has no problems jumping up onto my TALL bed.

I've got to make pictures of him.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I love your little guy Dobbie. Mr. Peepers has a structure very similar to his. Mr. is very muscular as well. :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts