Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday friends from FB and an on-line forum "Spoiled Maltese" came from all over to my house for a Puppy Party. One girl flew in from Canada, we also had people from Vermont, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, New York, New Jersey.....We had 40 dogs in attendance....15 chihuahuas and 25 maltese.
View attachment 7404

Here's a smaller group pic - I held Moma Mia to represent the chihuahuas!!!:coolwink:
View attachment 7405

It started out as a maltese get together, but the chi population is growing every year!!!!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
That totally sounds awesome. Lovely photos.....I wish I could host a party that size at my home ..but there is no way I would have the room and the community where I live would probably kill me. Where abouts do you live? Lots of east coast states mentioned in your post. I am in upstate NY.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in South Jersey on the coast. My yard is all deck (we live on the water). It was pretty hot out, but I had three canopy's up and two large fans going, one at each end of the deck. The dogs had a blast, they all got along well - and you'd never know there were that many dogs in one tiny yard. :toothy8:

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
That looks like it was so much fun!!! i love Maltese. a very good freind of mine has been wanting one real bad for along time and i think she will get one eventually. how many chis were there? all i could see was Maltese. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
What an awesome get together!!! My first dog was a Maltese!! Loved him dearly! He passed away last year :( Very smart dogs!! He and the chi's were a great mix. I think they liked him more than he liked them tho :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were 15 chihuahua's and 25 malts.

I have three maltese, 2 chi's and one yorkie.

Life is good!!!:coolwink:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Maltese was the other breed I was thinkinag about for a small dog. WOW so many doggies. It looked like you guys had so much fun.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks like so much fun....I am amazed at how far people were willing to come....
You and me both! But it seems to get a bit bigger each year! I live in a resort area, so there are rental houses on the island.

I'll be travelling to Hilton Head, South Carolina for our next meet up in September!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how did you ever get the meet-up started ?? I would love to have something like that happen up here !
Well, I have local friends with dogs and have been having them over a few times a year for several years now. And I've always posted the pictures on Spoiled Maltese. Then four years ago, I was sort of teasing and posted "I'm having another puppy party, anyone interested?" .....well that was the beginning!!! Never did I ever expect people to come all the way to the middle of nowhere to bring their dogs to my back yard. Life is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts