Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Jenni was raised with another female until she suddenly passes away shortly before Christmas. I went ahead and brought home a puppy on Feb 9th, Padi was 9 weeks old. Jenni wants NOTHING to do with him.

She has not gone off her feed as a matter of fact she finds his puppy kibbles the most likeable thing about the little guy. Padi has tried everything but he is one rough tough little boy and doesn't seem to mind her growling or snapping at him.

The question.. have any of you had a antisocial little diva who doesn't want her lifestyle changed one iota? I thought we were making some headway when she actually played chase with him one day until he got excited and bite her with his razor teeth.. that was the end... Jen actually gave him one more chance when he was licking her ears while she was asleep.. she liked that until he bit her ear... Needless to say I'm spending all my time running interference. Jen is a very very shy timid 3.5 lbs dog.. having bruiser as a pup is hard.. and my gosh is he tough.. but cute cute cute.. he is my profile pic.. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hopefully others will see and chime in!

I did the opposite. I had a rambunctious, wild girl and I brought home a shy/fearful girl. I thought Hope was going to scare her to bits or hurt her because she played so hard. Ruby just sat, looking sad and like all she wanted was to be left alone.

It took some time and they worked it out. Now, they are equals. They love each other, fight, play, groom, keep each other in check and kiss.

I think once he mellows some and adjusts you will see a big difference.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
yea, when Buster passed away before Christmas, I brought home Cocoa..... Chico HATED him.... growling, hair raised... the whole 'I hate your guts' thing....... it took time... I let them work it out between themselves without intervention unless it got nasty...

now they are like bestest buds... sleeping together .... playing, rassling.

give 'em some time......

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think it's still a very short time that
they have been together. Actually
about the same time together as my two.

Mimi is still warming up to Jax, she's 5yrs old
and he's only 11 months. She has some fear/anxiety
issues. Mimi was abused and she will cower and scream if you
look at her the wrong way, so whenever Jax runs towards
her trying to get her to play with him, she just rolls over
and and lets out a big crying yelp. At first he would just stop
and run to me wondering why she does that, now he
just stops and starts licking and grooming her.

My point is, from my experience as long as they are in
a loving, secure environment they work out their issues
on their own terms. Just be patient and make sure they
both get "Mom time".

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
This sounds exactly like my Lulu's story. She was brought into our home with our Maltese, Lacy. They lived together 3 1/2 yrs and Lacy suddenly died this past June. Our normally happy-go-lucky chi totally changed after her friend died. Then we got another Maltese puppy in July and Lulu HATED her. The whole hair-up, growl, stay-up-on-the-furniture-cause-you-can't-get-up-here thing. I was just thankful Lulu didn't attack her because that's really what I was afraid would happen. Well, take heart! That little Maltese kept on at Lulu no matter how Lulu ran from her or snapped at her--reminded me of Garfield and Odie--and now they are fine. Now Lulu is still not much of a player. Every now and then Gidget can get her to play chase and tag, but Lulu is actually much sweeter to Gidget about laying around on top of he than Lacy was to Lulu.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
When I brought Bailey home my two labs wanted nothing to do with her. My oldest finally warmed up to her but it took my youngest a long time. I agree with everyone, it's just going to take some time for them to get use to each other.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It does take time and patience... When Adam first met Heidi he hated her. He would growl at her and bully her all the time. In fact he would deliberately seek her out and attack her, having to be physically stopped because even if she was screaming in fear he wouldnt stop.:( I could so easily have given up but the fact he never bit her hard enough to mark made me persevere.
In the end it took about 10 months for them to be 'polite' to each other and about a year and a half to be friends!!:eek: It was def worth it though coz they get on great now, you'd never know to look at them how bad it was in the beginning.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Cookie was the same with Lola. He was brought up with Benny for 10 years until benny passed and hated Lola. Now they're fine. They became best friends. Then Lola hated Tillie but now they love eachother. It takes time and make sure you show him you love him still

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.