Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is 8 mths old already..shes a long coat chi... shes been shedding quite alot...isit her shedding fur period?im kinda worry..its been carry on for wks.. but she looks fine cos she shed moderately, it shows no signs of balding, anyone can help me? how often does dogs shed their fur annually? anyway, i fed my girl cesar, don think tt can food is the cause. :?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Awwww she sure is cute!

Most dogs shed 2 times a year, winter and summer.
But it is not unusual to shed a little all year.
People shed all year too, you just don't notice it because you brush your hair and most of the hair ends up in your brush.
If she doesn't look like she is getting thin spots or bald spots I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Chihuahua goes through periods of intense shedding, and I mean it's really bad. My vet and dog groomer said it's normal and there's not much you can do about it other than brushing. Some dogs just shed more than others. I heard that adding a bit of linseed oil to the food can help but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know.

Chihuahuas On The Web
http://www.freewebs.com/chihuahua

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
hi both my 9 month long haired chis are shedding mega at the moment so it must be the time of year, I bathed them yesterday to help with it and it seems better today :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Man when Kemo shed...I was freaking out, he was blowing his coat bad, he has finally 2.5 mos later gone back to normal (which was very little shedding) goodness I dont want it to happen in the fall again....but it seems like that will be the case. :(

PS Kemo did go bald in some spots, chest, back of legs....ear tips (sorta)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks pple u all r so niceeee.....

ohhh thanks.. for yr replies.. at least im not so worried too.. :lol: kinda relieve.. kemo's mom.. no worries ur baby is gonna be fine ya? :eek:

p.s
: I love u guys here... :lol:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yukis is sooo adorable.
I love that look on her face, so innocent.
She reminds me of my Sandy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha than ks sandy mom! hmmm anyway may i have a look at sandy? She must be soooo cuteeeee... :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts