Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know that Chance was neutered Tuesday morning, and also had surgery to correct him being Cryptorchid. He went through a terrible time with recovery, and was so weak the first 2 nights that I was scared he wouldn't pull through it. Not to mention the swelling and bruising the poor boy has. It's been a long week for all of us, but I'm happy to report that he is doing some better. He is getting around slowly, and his personality is coming back. I did find that the swelling now has hard places all in it, and I'm not sure what that's about. I'll be taking him in Monday morning to have that checked out. But he seems to be coming around much better now.

Part of his normal morning routine is kissing and hugging Lexie. He absolutely adores her. He loves Gia as well, but they have the whole play thing going. He gives her kisses and love too, but he likes to wrestle with her more than anything. :lol: Anyway, I have not seen my baby be able to love his Sissy for several days now, and this morning with him feeling better, boy did she get some loving from her bubby. :)

Lexie stretching out.....ahhhhh, what a morning.

Oh gosh, not the morning love Bubby, I'm not done with my beauty rest.

Oh wait a minute, I haven't got this kind of lovin' from Bubby in days.

My precious Bubby must be feeling better. That makes me so happy. I just love my Brother!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
awww teresa he looks a bit better dosent he

glad hes feeling a bit better poor boy having to go through that
and his poor mummy having to see him like that hope you are feeling better too xxx

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Your pictures are so wonderful. Chancey looks better and if he is snuggling his sissy, he is definitely on the mend. I was so worried for him Teresa. They are so darn cute snuggling together I can hardly stand it. Whew. Glad he's on the mend. Please continue to keep us posted. We love him so much.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have very limited experience with this, so please excuse me if I say something out of line, but I've never heard of a dog taking so long to recover from an alteration. Boo was practically himself again a few hours later and completely oblivious the next day. Same for Poppet. However, I moved and had to switch vets two years ago and noticed that Boo took almost two days to recover from a routine dental (which both my boys have had before and were back to themselves in a matter of hours). I like my vet, but worry that the type or amount of anesthesia he used was a factor in recovery time. For Tilly's care and Boo's future dentals, I plan on driving back to my hometown (and my old vet) for the procedures, even if it is a couple hours away...and staying at my mom's house during recovery.

I'm glad Chance is doing better today, but I hope your vet is taking his long recovery and complications with gravity and not simply lumping it up to "it happens." Again, I don't know the behind-the-scenes stuff and you've probably already done all of this. I want very much not to sound presumptive...just thought I'd put it out there in case. And please excuse me if I've stuck my foot in my mouth by saying any of this. I have a tendency to do that from time to time.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your pictures are so wonderful. Chancey looks better and if he is snuggling his sissy, he is definitely on the mend. I was so worried for him Teresa. They are so darn cute snuggling together I can hardly stand it. Whew. Glad he's on the mend. Please continue to keep us posted. We love him so much.
Thank you Robin! Yes, I was very happy to see him giving Sissy loving. :) I just love when they snuggle! He sends much love back!

awwww, those pictures are so sweet. Look at him loving on his sister. Glad to see he is feeling much better. Love the picture of him doing his morning stretch.
Thank you Traci! It's so nice to see him doing some of his normal stuff now. :)

those are the sweetest pictures ever! I'm so glad he is feeling better.
Thank you so much! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have very limited experience with this, so please excuse me if I say something out of line, but I've never heard of a dog taking so long to recover from an alteration. Boo was practically himself again a few hours later and completely oblivious the next day. Same for Poppet. However, I moved and had to switch vets two years ago and noticed that Boo took almost two days to recover from a routine dental (which both my boys have had before and were back to themselves in a matter of hours). I like my vet, but worry that the type or amount of anesthesia he used was a factor in recovery time. For Tilly's care and Boo's future dentals, I plan on driving back to my hometown (and my old vet) for the procedures, even if it is a couple hours away...and staying at my mom's house during recovery.

I'm glad Chance is doing better today, but I hope your vet is taking his long recovery and complications with gravity and not simply lumping it up to "it happens." Again, I don't know the behind-the-scenes stuff and you've probably already done all of this. I want very much not to sound presumptive...just thought I'd put it out there in case. And please excuse me if I've stuck my foot in my mouth by saying any of this. I have a tendency to do that from time to time.

Thank you! :) I'll start by saying that you have said nothing out of line in my opinion. You are seeing the obvious, and chose to state how you feel, and your experience. You are not alone either. I have not found one person to say that their baby has had such a terrible time. We do have to take into account that he had surgery to repair him being Cryptorchid also, but what he's gone through is just down right, plain unacceptable to me. With that said, the Vet I have been using will no longer be seeing my pups. I would like to go up there and have a drawn out fit for what Chance has gone through. I can not believe how sick he's been, and all of the swelling and bruising. He has not got around at all until today. It infuriates me to no end!

All they keep telling me is that him being so small, and having to find the testicle in his abdomen, can leave some nasty bruising. I just don't accept that.

Don't worry about sticking your foot in your mouth. You haven't offended me in the slightest. :)

Thanks for taking the time to write your post. :)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
They are so precious together! I have no experience with little boys but my girls have been back to normal the next day after a spay. Can you imagine? If I were spayed I'd be out for a month!! :)

So glad he's feeling better!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a relief that he's doing better. I'm sure that's due to your diligent work and good nursing care! I hope he continues to improve. :)

Brodysmom

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm glad he is feeling better too. Zoe took a few days to recover but she is a wimp about everything. Zoe also has some kind of hard spots on her belly that concern me. Has anyone else had this happen or said it goes away? I am back to the vet next week for another check up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts