Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time Chihuahua mom and my 5 month old Chico is teething. He's going thru some blah time and is really chewing - is there anyone with some suggestions/help on how I can make it a little comfirting for Chico??? :? He's also losing his house breaking. :(

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
You can put oragel on his gums if they seem to be bothering him.

Also, at petsmart, they sell something called the "Chilly Bone" that you freeze and let dogs chew on. I was there yesterday, and there's a bone now that you fill with water or broth and freeze it for a treat bone. They didn't have any small enough for chis though.

Other than that, there's nothing I know to do. Cooper never seemed to have teething problems and if he did, I never knew about them! LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! We wouldn't believe it if we ahdn't witnessed it ourselves! We'd never seen a dog lose it's baby teeth and yesterday, my husband and I, saw Chico's canine tooth fall off! He was sooo cute! He kept pawing his mouth and suddenly spit his canine tooth out! :lol:
He's getting back to his old playful self...it's great getting our Chico back! My hubby bought him some rawhide chewies over the weekend and he really went to town with them - literally! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts