Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a good day Leah tips the scales at 3 lb 14 oz, soaking wet she is 4 lbs. She is 6.5" tall at the shoulder and is an AKC champion. On her days off? She scales x-pens much to my chagrin :(

Last weekend at a show we were at, I left Leah in a 3 foot x-pen figuring she wouldn't climb out of it, to cool off in the hotel room between showings at a specialty show in Phoenix. I could see my sliding glass door of my room in the distance from the side of the ring, ... well, I kept THINKING I saw Leah...but everyone said there was no way she could have gotten out. Oh...boy were we wrong. Got back to the room and not only had she gotten out of her pen, she'd gotten up on the bed and was howling....I don't know whether to laugh or cry...she just throws herself over when she gets to the top.

We stop her in the video b'c she is over tile and not sure i'd like the results of her falling on it!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Kristi, you get all the Olympic hurdlers and climbers! She's giving Oakley a run for her money. :lol:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paula it's giving me gray hair! This is ridiculous!!!! Trigger gets in by sailing over the BACK of the couch. Laurel, too. Oakley hops over the x-pen. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY DOGS? The only ones that can't get in are Birdie, Charm and Bryco haha.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a monkey!!!! You have a circus at your house! Looks like so much fun!! :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Paula it's giving me gray hair! This is ridiculous!!!! Trigger gets in by sailing over the BACK of the couch. Laurel, too. Oakley hops over the x-pen. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY DOGS? The only ones that can't get in are Birdie, Charm and Bryco haha.
Let's be thankful that at least you have 3 that can't! Although they might be getting ideas and Charm may be next. lol. The look on Leah's face is priceless when she's doing it though. She looks so sweet and proud of herself. It makes it pretty humorous. :lol:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh she's a troublemaker this one!!! :twisted:
My favorite kind. :D LOL

·
Registered
407 Posts
Leah is fearless and so lovely! Congrats on her AKC Championship.
Sparkles is a wuss at 2 lbs.14 oz. I have to lift her up and off everything. She no longer uses her stairs.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I love that her tail is going and going while she climbs. That's an agility dog in the making, right there. ;)

If you want to stop it, get some metal/wire cutters and snip out the bottom cross bar around the perimeter of the whole thing. I bet, if she can't get her back feet up onto the first cross bar, she won't be able to climb up.

Well, maybe just to be safe, snip out the first TWO crossbars... >.>

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Our rescues are in XPens at the Petco/PetSmart adoption events. We have some climbers, too. It is amazing how tenacious these little guys are when they try to break out. The funniest one is my foster chi, Willy, who tries so hard to climb out but can't.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love that her tail is going and going while she climbs. That's an agility dog in the making, right there. ;)

If you want to stop it, get some metal/wire cutters and snip out the bottom cross bar around the perimeter of the whole thing. I bet, if she can't get her back feet up onto the first cross bar, she won't be able to climb up.

Well, maybe just to be safe, snip out the first TWO crossbars... >.>
Hmmm not a bad idea...lol sounds tedious, I will have to employ my hubby ;) Before she started climbing she would spring up and down so hard she almost could hook her elbows anyway, and she'd fall back on her back sometimes. She isn't easily deterred and she likes to stress her mummy out LOL.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hmmm not a bad idea...lol sounds tedious, I will have to employ my hubby ;) Before she started climbing she would spring up and down so hard she almost could hook her elbows anyway, and she'd fall back on her back sometimes. She isn't easily deterred and she likes to stress her mummy out LOL.
Watching the video again, with the way she lifts herself with her front legs, I'd definitely snip the first and second crossbars, both.

Leah sounds like a gal who gets what she wants, no matter what! :p

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
LOL! I cannot believe Leah does! You definitely have accumulated the circus over there with all of the great gymnasts and climbers you have! I can't say I envy you when it comes to this! I can only imagine how worried you are, but, it's hilarious at the same time! HAHA! At least they're all super cute! ;) Can't even be mad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts