Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have been a frequent visitor to this site since I discovered it last week, and I finally registered today. My Rocco (yes I know...there's another Rocco on this site :wink: ) is 5 months old and yesterday while giving him a puppy massage, I discovered a lump on his shoulder. It is under his skin and is squishy and moves. It doesn't seem to be bothering him though him, which is a good thing. I think it causes me more pain than it does him :crybaby: Anyone have an idea of what it could possibly be?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If I'm not mistaken if you can move it around and it's not hard, it could be a cyst or fat pocket. I wouldn't worry yourself crazy, but do get it checked out to be sure.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree, take your little Rocco to the vet, just in case. It could be nothing, but then again, it could be something. Please keep us updated on Rocco.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi :wave: welcome to the group :lol:

Has Rocco recently has his injections :?:

when diesel had his injections he had a lump on his shoulder for a few weeks after, the vet told us it was nothing to worry about. and it has gone down since.

If he hasnt had his injections recently then definately take him to the vets :lol:

Keep us updated on how he is :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
mine too!

so weird! Chevy has the same type of squishy bump near his shoulder...it moves around and is unattached to any muscule/bone. I called the breeder and she checked the other pups and they have it too! I'm pretty sure it's a cyst, but it's so odd they all have it and your pup has it too...hmmm :?:

PS- the vet said to keep an eye on it, not to worry unless it gets bigger, then he should go back to the vet ASAP- hope that helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it should be OK. My man has 3 of them on his chest area. (human!) I haven't seen it in a dog bdfore. The doc said it was a cyst or fat pocket . If it gets bigger, then I would bring Rocco in. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts