Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corky finally had to go to the hospital last night...he couldn't walk or anything. He has Giardia and Coccidia from the pet store I got him in. Has anyone had a small Chi that got over either of these things successfully. He is only 8wks. The doctor said last night he had a 50% chance and today they said they are happy with his progress.

I am still worried sick.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
He can make it!! Have faith. Lost of dogs have survived Coccidia and the other is a intestinal parasite.....It wont be easy for Corky but I am sure he is a fighter... :D

Keep us posted please :wave:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
hnj22 said:
My Corky finally had to go to the hospital last night...he couldn't walk or anything. He has Giardia and Coccidia from the pet store I got him in. Has anyone had a small Chi that got over either of these things successfully. He is only 8wks. The doctor said last night he had a 50% chance and today they said they are happy with his progress.

I am still worried sick.

Mine and a few others just got over having this. It is awful but they will make it!! Come on Corky you can do it :wink:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this. I can say that I have seen little pups recover from both, although it all depends how sick they are. The fact the vet is happy with the progress is a great sign!
I will keep Corky in my prayers!!!! Best of luck and let us know how he is doing!

·
Registered
277 Posts
We hope Corky gets better. Make sure to keep all the medical receipts for his care together and demand that the petstore reimburse you for the expenses. You should have gotten some sort of health guarentee and even if not, fight with them to pay for his care. I know many people who have been successful in doing just that if the petstore thinks they will get a bad reputation if they don't settle up!

·
Registered
661 Posts
My puppy had a very slight case of Coccidia when I first took him into the vet - so he had a daily butterscotch (so they told me) flavored med for a week. With his being so slight, it hadn't really effected him, but he's much bigger than your little Corky though, and didn't have worms or other issues.
Best of wishes with him, and keep us informed of how he's doing!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts